T w e n t y e i g h t

"That was so amazing!" Paige panted, flopping onto the bed.

Paige and Lucas had just arrived at the hotel from the concert, both of them sweaty from the atmosphere in the concert hall. Paige could barely speak, for her voice was raspy from screaming. It was an amazing night, one that Paige would never forget. Lucas lit up his phone and read the time, frowning when he read that it said 12:02 A.M.

"Officially one day left." He sighed, laying on the bed next to Paige and squeezing her hand softly.

"What will I do without you?" Paige groaned, a wave of emotion hitting her that she wouldn't see Lucas again for a very long time.

"We can text, and face time."

"It won't be the same."

Lucas sat up and walked into the hotel rooms kitchenette, grabbing a bottle of water. "I know, but we have to make the best of it."

Paige nodded sadly, feeling her heart slowly crumble as Lucas spoke.

Tomorrow was the last day.

*

"Lucas! Paige! Get up, it's 12:00 P.M." Paige's mother yelled, Lucas jumping up quickly.

"I was supposed to be on set at 10!" He yelled, rushing to put his shoes on.

"Don't worry about it, one of your cast members called earlier and said that you're off for today since it's Paige's last day."

Lucas felt the urge to go hug Paige's mom for the wonderful news, but realized she was just a translator. "Thanks!" He said with a toothy grin. "Babe, do you want to go grab some lunch?"

"Yeah, definitely, let me get dressed." Paige answered sadly, walking into the bathroom.

"Lucas." Paige's mom called, causing Lucas to turn around lock his gaze with her. She didn't look very happy as she patted the chair next to her.

"Yes?" Lucas asked, sitting where she had motioned.

"Do you actually love my daughter?"

Lucas almost choked at the sudden questioned, a massive lump arising in his throat. He knew he did, but why was it so hard to say it?

"Yes, Mrs.Jackson, I do." He said honestly, wringing his hands together.

"Then don't hurt her like most of you movie stars do." She said harshly. Her sudden change of attitude confused Lucas, causing him to knit his eyebrows close together.
Paige's mother quickly stood and walked into her room, closing the door without saying a word.

And that was the end of that.

*

2 chapters left and an epilogue...I'm crying wOw this went by fAsT