Chapter 22- "Dest, get in the goddamned bed, now."

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the wolf inside of me whined. Mate.

It killed me to let go and break the kiss.

"I-I can't do this, Alex," I stuttered, tears already pooling in my eyes.

"I've been wanting to do this forever. Why are you pushing me away like this? You've been avoiding me out of nowhere for so long. Is there. . Something wrong with me or something?"

There was so much pain in his voice, so raw and true. More sobs escaped my throat. 

Everything was my fault.

"Alex. No," I said fiercely. "I've wanted you for the longest time now. Hell, I needed you. But I can't do this knowing I'm hurting you and your mate. I can't just do this to Lucy. I don't want to be that girl that comes in between two people a-and--"

"Dest,"

"It's just killing me on the inside. Every time I think about it--"

"Destiny, shut up."

I stopped talking.

"I don't have a mate," he sighed.

I sat there, flabbergasted. I didn't know whether I should've been laughing or crying or screaming. I was in total shock. 

"I never found my mate, I always assumed she was already mated or dead by now. And Lucy. .  She's old news, Dest, I did love her once and we had our ups and downs, but it never worked out. Besides, I'm turning 21 soon, and there's no point in looking for her or my mate now, when all I've ever wanted is sitting right beside me."

No words at all could come out of my mouth. 

"Dest, I've fallen in love with you, okay?"

I was speechless. My heart was hammering and even my wolf decided to shut her trap.

"O-Okay." I choked out.

I couldn't believe any of this. Someone actually loved me. Alex wasn't even mated. But most of all-- Someone fell in love with me?

"Alex, I'm so sorry," I exclaimed, leaning into him. He wrapped his arms around me, and in that moment everything was okay.

"There's so much I need to tell you," he sighed, resting his head against mine. 

"We can talk later, this is too much shock for one day," I said. 

"We can do something else, you know," he whispered. He began to trail kisses from my neck to my lips and I couldn't help but give into him. I had been craving this. What was one kiss soon turned into a long awaited make out session. 

"Wow," I breathed. I heard him chuckle. 

"Hey, Dest?"

"Hmm?"

"Does this mean you'll move back into my room again?" He asked as he outlined the lines on my palm.

"Yeah, I'll move my stuff whenever,"

"No. I mean like tonight, just sleep next to me," He said. "So we can finish what we started earlier."

I punched him in the shoulder. Hard.

"Alex. We're stranded here in a pickup truck in the middle of the night and that's all you can think about?" I snorted. 

With his arm around my waist, he pulled me in closer and shook his head.

"You're so cute. Now be quiet so I can call someone to fucking save us."

***********************************************************************