+ two ; " still " +

idk what this is but enjoy :)

———————————————

THE warm caress of the afternoon sunlight on her skin was enough to keep her from moving. she put her arms above her head and stretched, hearing a few 'cracks' and 'pops' emitting from her sore bones. yawning, she curled up on the couch, while searching for the tv remote. she patted the areas next to her, searching blindly for the remote, and once she finally found it, she turned the tv off and diverted her attention to the soft padding of feet on the wooden floor. her eyes were closed, but she was not asleep. she was just lying there, waiting for something to do or happen, still in the ever-flowing passage of time, still in a world of movement and hustle.

she stayed like that for a few minutes, until she felt a new heat source position itself on her lap and a deep purring coming from it. smiling, she cracked open an eye to see the cat nudging her hand with its head, clearly wanting to be pet. and so she did. she laid there on her faded sofa in her unorganized small apartment with the windows wide open, and papers and projects scattered across the floor, and pet her cat. shoving all of her deadlines, due dates, bills,and most of all worries, in the back of her mind, to be remembered and stressed about later. for now she would sit there, and pet her cat, until the warm sun no longer comforted her cold skin, and the breeze that was coming through the windows began to turn colder than what was comfortable.

still, among the storm that was her life.

——————————————

ooof my writing is, horrible. i was going to enter a writing competition with a thing i wrote, but then i got caught up in school work and missed the deadline :(

oh well i probably would have just embarrassed myself.

anyway please comment any constructive criticism or statements, questions, anything!!

started: i forgot :( finished: 01.12.17
edited: no maybe later
word count: 343