+ one ; " calm " +

THE slight scent of coffee in the air was comforting, a sign of familiarity, in her new surroundings. university was stressful and demanding, but she tried to make it as enjoyable as possible. instead of staying in her shared apartment ( which was probably being used as a debating hall ) to work on her assignments, she would go to the little café nearby and work there instead, while sipping at a cup of green tea.

when she wasn't typing about the deeper meaning of shakespeare's words or scrawling down little notes in the margins of her textbooks, she would look around her, taking in everything that was happening. she would look at the different faces seated at tables in the café, at the pedestrians on the street. some heads down, speed walking to their destinations, with a million thoughts and things to do zooming around in their heads. others had their faces tilted upwards towards the sun, smiling gleefully as they laughed at a joke or stopping to take a picture with a friend, appreciating the little moments in life, taking everything one step at a time.

and then she would look at it all; the bustling energy all around her, the sound of a coffee machine whirring and chattering people, the clinking of cutlery against plates, the squeaking of a chair moved back, the sudden increase of noise when someone entered the café and the muffling of it when the door closed.

and then she would be snapped back into reality, either by a text or call from her roommate inquiring about her whereabouts or the sudden realization that her paper was due tomorrow. and then she would sigh and start to pack up her materials, before finishing the rest of her tea and getting up from her seat. she would smile and wave at the cashier working and say a little goodbye, and then walk out of the café and into the bustling street.

while walking home she would remember the coziness and warmth of the café compared to the crisp november air and she would sigh once again, while making a mental note to bring a scarf next time she went.

                                —

woo! first drabble is up. i'm actually extremely proud of this one i don't know why. i'm so proud it's like having a child omg.

anyway i hope you enjoyed, please leave me some feedback or a comment or anything!

with love ❤️
kenny

started: 05.11.17 finished: 05.11.17
edited: nope, not planning on it
word count: 409