3

So I found this idea on Pinterest when I was supposed to be learning in Spanish class. Anyways the idea wasn't even necessarily for a book or legend related at all I just thought I could turn it into a one shot. Picture of the pin above. Try to ignore the fact that organization is spelled wrong. Signaling too. Maybe it's like one of those British spelling differences. I still thought it was a funny idea despite that.

June
I'm sitting on the bus on my way to a meeting. A meeting for the Patriots. We are a small group of people hired by the government to stop foreign hackers. Because of this I live in D.C.

A man sitting across from me makes our signal to let me know that he is a part of the group too. The signal is scratching your left ear and then tapping a metal surface seven times. I do the same thing back to him with a tight smile.

He's fairly good looking, about my age. If I had to guess I'd say he was maybe six months older.

He follows me when I get off at the stop near the White House. Our meeting is a few blocks away from there.

"So you're a patriot too?" I ask him.

"Uh. Yeah?" He must be a newbie.

"I'll show you how to get to the place. It's not that hard but the security is kind of extensive." He nods.

"What's your name then?"

"Daniel, and you?"

"June." I say as we continue to walk. He grabs the door for me to the building we meet in. Well, the basement of. This place is disguised as a restaurant. Well there is a restaurant technically but all the workers know about what we do in the basement.

"So, what made you decide to join?" I ask.

"I just like helping I guess." I get the sense he doesn't know much about what we do.

"We have to do a face scan now." We both do ours and the lights ding and turn green.

The doors open and I show Daniel to where the newbies go. The guy behind the counter looks exactly like him.

"Whoah. What happened. Who are you?" I ask 'Daniel'.

"Daniel what are you doing here?" The man behind the desk stands up.

"He told me he was a newbie." I say.

"You got a job here?" He asks.

"Not technically. I didn't know this was some secret government organization. I just met a hot girl and went along with what she said. I'll leave now." Eden and Daniel must be twins. That's why their faces match enough to fool the scanner.

"Daniel no. June, can you train him?"

I want to say why but the other man is above me in ranking so I have to. What is he even supposed to do?

"Yes. Of course. What department?"

"All of yours, they are the only ones you're qualified to train people in. We could use people in some of them." Great. Why does he have to do this to me?

"Yes sir." I say. Daniel follows me to my office.

"Listen. I don't really want to train you. But I have to. Your brother is above me. Do you even know what this place is?" I ask.

"No. I thought my brother worked at a jewelry store. It's why I never asked to see his job." I laugh.

"This is going to be a long few months."

A/N: super short but whatever. I haven't updated this book in forever. Thanks for reading! Vote and comment!

-Ava