[58] irl

🗒 ❛ 1:55 ༉‧₊˚✧—

🗒 ❛ 1:55 ༉‧₊˚✧

3 days later

i was on my way to meet with jack.

after jack and i's conversation, i talked to wyatt about everything, and even though it broke my heart, he said he knows it's what's best for me. he just wanted the both of us happy.

we still remain friends, and he said that even though he has no clue what the future holds, he will always hope the best for me.

i love wyatt, and i always will.

the cool summer air made my turn red, sniffling as i walked down the street. it was nearing the end of summer, and the leaves were starting to fall. a new beginning. autumn.

i watched as the fog of my breath blew behind me with the wind as i walked on the sidewalk, feeling my phone buzz in my jacket pocket before pulling it out to look at the notification.

lover boy <3

the park isn't too far from your house, princess. hurry up.

i smiled at the text and glanced at the time, 8:46PM.

slowly but surely, a small viewing area came into my vision. i lived in the hills in seattle, and there was a place at night where you could go and look over the city with it's bright and colorful lights called kerry park.

as i walked up i saw a shadow figure leaning over he railing, looking at the city. i chuckled as i got closer. "jack, you know this isn't exactly a park, right?" i teased, walking up beside him with a smile.

he smiled, "yeah, well for one, i don't know seattle like you do and two," he stopped, turning to me. "i don't care. but wow, this view is pretty." he said facing the city again.

i nodded in agreement. "it really is. i love coming here, it's calming."

we sat in a comfortable silence for a minute, the both of us looking over the city as the cars honked loudly in the street, the distant sound of music playing from a house up the street making this moment memorable. jack inhaled deeply before turning to me. "i've been meaning to talk to you." he said, walking to sit on a bench.

lifted myself up and carefully sat on the railing, facing him "about?" i asked raising an eyebrow.

"about us."

i nodded, not sure of what to say. "go on."

"well, okay then— let's start from the beginning."

"oh lord." i said playfully, laughing a bit after. "this is gonna be long."

"trust me, el." he paused. "it's worth it."

"then proceed, your highness." i replied, masking my nerves with humor. 'if all goes down hill right here, right now,' i thought, 'then i'll just let go of this railing and tumble to my death'.

"el, let me just start off with a thank you. for everything. for showing me how what it's like to be actually cared for. if it wasn't for you, i'd probably still be in a horrible and unhappy relationship. thank you for being there for me when everyone else was tired of it." he stopped as he took a breath. he stood back up and began trailing back to me, stopping in front of me as i processed his words.

he continued. "but i'd also like to say i'm sorry. i wasn't a great friend to you. i didn't accept that you had other guy friends and other things to do and i just let my mind go to the worst. my jealousy got in the way of everything, and i lost you to it. and ellie, that's the biggest regret i have. because now, we aren't as close as we used to be. all because of some stupid manipulative girl and a few jokes." he said looking me in the eye.

i didn't know what to say, nor feel. i wanted to cry but at the same time i wanted to laugh out of happiness.

"ellie, i'm sorry for everything i've done wrong. i wish i could take it back every single time i look at you. because i can't bear that i broke something special with a girl i loved. still love."

i didn't notice, but i was now starting to cry. i quickly wiped my tear away, smiling down at him. "jack, thank you. so much. i-i don't know what to say." i stuttered out. he grabbed my hand.

"then don't say anything." he responded. i smiled.

"jack, we can be as close as we were. and i'm pretty sure this whole time we have been close, we've just been denying it from anger." i said. he nodded.

"maybe. but either way, i want to fix it." he said, our hands still connected.

i shivered, the cold taking over me, but somehow still warm.

"jack, i love you." i blurted out. i watched as his brown eyes grew brighter as a smile plastered across his face.

"wow, i know we've said it before but it's so much more different in person." he laughed out. i chuckled.

"yeah, it really is." i said.

he stared at me for a moment, his eyes flickering from my eyes to my lips in an obvious mental battle.

"jack?" i whispered.

"yeah?"

"kiss me."

and that was all it took.

he leaned forward, his arms wrapping around me to keep me from falling back as his lips collided with mine, moving in sync with one another as the cold disappeared from the closeness of our bodies. i placed my hands on either side of his face, my brows furrowing in concentration as the kiss got deeper.

this is what they talked about in the movies. this is what the main character is always dying to feel, then suddenly, she falls for the person she would least expect.

this was it. this is what being in love felt like.

after about a minute we pulled away, our faces warm from each other's as our foreheads rested against each other. "i want to feel this way with you forever." i muttered, my hands playing with his that still rested on my sides.

"you will," he grinned back at me. "i promise."

updated as of feb. 2022
- 777hearts
·˚ * 🔭