[52] irl

🗒 ❛ 1:55 ༉‧₊˚✧—

🗒 ❛ 1:55 ༉‧₊˚✧

ellie joseph

a knock on my front door woke me up, followed by the continuous and obnoxious rings of the doorbell. i groaned and sat up, throwing the covers off of my legs causing goosebumps to appear.

there was a couple of younger kids— about 3 or 4– in the apartment across from mine that liked to play with the doorbells in the hallway whenever their parents would let them outside, so i assumed it was them.

"felix, aaron, stop!" i shouted loud enough for the two to hear. for a few moments, it was silent, making me sigh in relief as i went to lay back down.

and then it started again.

i groaned as i finally stood up, keeping one of the soft blankets over my shoulders to keep me warm as the tiredness stayed in my eyes causing them to droop. i groaned, "i'm serious, kiddos, the doorbell isn't a toy!"

the ringing continued, annoyance filling my body as i finally rushed toward the door, the blanket flowing behind me as if i was wearing a cape and i was professor snape walking through the halls of hogwarts. i reached for the door handle, turning the knob and quickly swinging it open. "alright, come on, stop it—"

as soon as i opened the door, i gasped.

"what the fuck." was all i could say, letting out a surprised chuckle as i stared at the group in front of me.

they were here. they were all here.

"hey, el." wyatt spoke first, a wide smile on his face as he held a small bouquet of roses in his hands. i stuck my bottom lips out in an adoring pout, grabbing the flowers from his hands before reaching up and wrapping an arm around his shoulders in a warm hug, kissing his cheek before muttering a quiet 'thank you' in his ear.

he nodded, his hands falling from my waist as we pulled away. my mouth opened and closed slightly as i thought of what to say, speechless. "i... how long have i been asleep?"

"just since this morning when wyatt called you," sophia spoke. "it only takes two hours to get from california to seattle on a plane."

"you all came in that time period?"

"yup."

i stayed speechless, looking around the group as i eyed everybody. jaeden, chosen— jack.

my heart stopped for a moment.

i observed each of their suitcases or bags, raising a brow as i looked between all of them. "so, you guys just assumed i had a room for all of you in my apartment?" i asked.

"well, i uh... no. i didn't think about that until we had already landed."

"wyatt doesn't exactly think things through," jack chimed in from the back with a playful smirk, shoving wyatt's shoulder lightly.

i laughed lightly, waving my hand in dismissal. "we'll figure something out. anyway, come in. i missed you all."

as they poured in one by one, i gave each of them a hug, my heart warming at the realization that they all wanted to be here, and not just wyatt or jack.

they were like my family.

jack was the last person to walk in, a simple backpack on his back that hung loosely from his shoulders. i gave him a wide smile as he did the same, the both of us leaning forward to embrace each other.

he bent down to my level as i felt his lips kiss my cheek before he finally place his head into the crook of my neck, sighing deeply in content. "i missed you, " he spoke softly, his voice muffed from my skin. i chuckled, feeling his arms tighten around my waist at the slight movement.

"i missed you, more." i responded quietly, the familiar scent of his cologne filling my nose as i breathed it in, finding myself falling more and more into his arms subconsciously.

he was heavenly.

i don't know how long we were there for, but we eventually—and reluctantly— pulled away from each other, the warmth that once consumed us fading away through the open door and into the cold seattle air.

"come in," i said quietly to him. "make yourself at home."

he grinned, "i'm already home." was all he said before walking in, leaving me standing by the door as he made his way toward the others who were chatting amongst themselves. i smiled and shook my head at his words, finally closing the door as i turned to face everybody.

round two, here we go.

updated as of feb. 2022
- 777hearts
⋆·˚ ༘ * 🔭