[43] irl

🗒 ❛ 1:55 ༉‧₊˚✧—

🗒 ❛ 1:55 ༉‧₊˚✧

ellie joseph

i woke up to the sound of shouting and arguing coming from the hallway, running my swollen eyes open as the yelling got louder with each step, getting closer.

i quickly shot up from the bed and ran toward the hotel door, swinging it open and look down the hall to the left to see jeremy entering the room last.

i ran after him, catching the door just in time before it closed as i stepped inside. immediately i noticed that everybody was in here, including jack.

i scanned over everybody in the room, taking a second glance at wyatt before i gasped. on his cheek laid a huge bruise along with a cut on his lip, patches of purples and blues scattered on his arm.

"what the hell happened?!" i shouted, walking up to wyatt and inspecting his wounds. his lip was bleeding pretty bad, and his face was getting more swollen by the minute.

"jack happened. just walked right up to him and fucking socked him." jeremy said harshly, glaring over at jack who sat carelessly on the couch.

my heart broke into a million pieces.

"oh," was all i could muster up to say. i looked back at wyatt, a small smile working it's way onto my lips. "okay, uh, come here. i'll help you."

before he had the chance to speak, i grabbed his hand and led him to the bathroom, grabbing the first aid kit i had gotten for everybody under the sink.

he sat up on the counter as i stood between his legs, grabbing a cotton ball and reaching behind him to turn on the sink and soak it in warm water. i turned it off and added a bit of neosporin on it, starting to clean off his lip.

"so i'm guessing he found out?" he asked. i froze, my heart and stomach sinking as i sighed, nodding my head.

he nodded as well as i continued to clean his cut lip. i reached over into the first aid kit, grabbing a small roll of gauze and tearing it off before folding and holding it out to him. "hold this, lips bleed for a long time."

he grabbed a hold of it and kept the pressure on his lip as i tilted his chin upward, running my finger lightly over the raw scratch on it as he winced in pain. i muttered a quick 'sorry' before i moved to the bruise on his cheek.

noticing the swelling and bruising, i quickly ran out and grabbed a pack of ice from the fridge. when i turned around i saw jack sitting the couch with a bruised cheek as well and a long cut above his eyebrow.

he looked up and saw me staring, he looked at me with an almost emotionless expression. but i could see the pain and anger behind his eyes.

the pain and anger i had caused.

i cleared my throat awkwardly and bumped the fridge closed with my hip before walking back to the bathroom.

as soon as i entered, i saw wyatt examining his cheek in the mirror. i laughed lightly. "i can conceal it for you, it's fine." i grinned. he looked at me through the mirror.

"you want me to put make up on?" he asked. i shook my head.

"well, yeah, but no. just think of it as a really good skin toned bandaid." i said with a smile. he chuckled and turned back around, facing me. i held the ice pack on his cheek, making him wince before relaxing.

i couldn't hold it in. i just had to say it. it was almost unbelievable to me. maybe i was dreaming.

"we broke up." i blurted out.

his eyes widened. "what?"

"he ended it. and i understand." i said, my voice slightly shaky. "it's all my fault."

"ellie..." he started, i shook my head.

"no. i deserve it. none of this would've happened to him or you if i just wasn't a dumbass. what i did was stupid." i breathed out. "this is just the price."

"you can't put all the blame on yourself. it was just a heat of the moment thing. i get it." he sighed. i stayed quiet.

he ran a hand through his curls before continuing. "did you ever get to completely explain what happened?" he asked quietly.

i sighed and shook my head, "no."

"well, we're gonna do it. when the time is right." he responded.

"but he doesn't wanna talk to me or you, wyatt." i said, still holding the ice pack to his cheek.

"he will eventually. you know, even though we did what we did he's not gonna want to stay away from you for that long." he said. i laughed quietly.

"yeah, we'll see about that." i responded.

"i'm serious." he said reassuringly. i nodded.

"but, we're gonna have to do that another time..." i trailed off. o looked back at him.

"oh.. yeah. you leave, right?" he asked. i nodded, biting my lip.

"we'll miss you. i'll miss you." he said putting his hand on top of mine that was holding the ice pack to his cheek. i smiled.

"i will too, olaf."

updated as of feb. 2022
- 777hearts
⋆·˚ ༘ * 🔭