Beast

[Lucas' POV]

"Damn it!" My Master shouted as he threw a vase to the other side of the room. Tears fell down on his furry face with sadness and devastation, crying for a woman. A woman whom he thought that loved him and can break the curse.

"Master, it's alright, there must be a reason for her to leave. You wouldn't know that she has urgent on her home or--or..." Wiping his face with my handerchief. 

"How would know that!? I love her with all my might and suddenly she left me, saying that she doesn't want me!" He growled and I didn't flinched. I got used to this, for hundreds of years, some girl would sunddenly appear right in front of the doorstep and then everyone would greet her with smiles and blah blah blah. Just like the Disney's Beauty and the Beast but without the happy ending.

I sighed. "Master, the truth is that the girl have left for another, like all the other girls did." He sniffed and he blow it all out on my handkerchief, he gave it to me and I grabbed the tiny piece, holding the wet fabric. Gotta do laundry later.

"Why? Is it because I'm a monster?" I hesitantly nodded and he cried even more, like a baby that is. Laying down on the ground, rolling side to side, making the floor wet with tears. Master can be a crybaby sometimes or it's just the sounds of it to me. "But Master, don't cry over something so shallow and idiotic. So what if those girl don't like your appearance." I knelt down and cupped his chin with my thumb and finger, forcing him to look at me. "If must say Master, you have a great personality. A strong willed and courageous person like you shouldn't cry over petty excuses and stupid judgements by others." I told him on what I saw Master who he really is and nothing more. He stopped crying and his eyes brightened with a familiar emotion yet I could recognize what it was.

mistaken of the emotion; which I want him to feel when it comes to me. Sadly, that would never happen, a man like master should have a woman to wed and conceive a child.

He smiled, showing his sharp and long teeth to me. "You're right. I shouldn't cry over petty things." I slightly smiled at him, thinking how cute (and possibly) master really is in his beast form. Even though, he has horns above his head, a very furry body, and sharp claws and teeth, with the dark colored pajamas can be mistaken for dried blood. He's still the man I served from before, not a monster but a misunderstood and lonely person.

Even when he was still a human, nobody seemed to go talk to him and his father usually doesn't interact with him unless his mother was there. But that stopped when his mother died and mansion have this heavy tension in the air, and it's getting heavier once he became the master of this place. 

"That's good. It's night time already, you should go to sleep, master. Tomorrow is a bright new day." I helped him got up and dusted off the small dust and dirt from our clothes; walking towards master's bed and laying him on the bed. "Okay." Tucking him and make sure the lights were off.

"Wait!" A hand grabbed mine, stopping me from walking out the room. "Can stay until I fall asleep?" Master asked shyly. I chuckled and sat at the edge of the bed, watching as he started staring at me with wonder.

"Goodnight Lucas."

"Goodnight to you too, Master." As the moon shine on the room. Master's sleeping face was like a wolf or any animal form, I'm not afraid for the better or for worst, as the last petal will wither. I still love him like there's no other.

[The Next Day]

Quickly opening the front door as someone continued annoyingly knocking loudly, and it was getting on everyone's nerves. "Yes?" My eyes widened to see the person in front of me. It wasBelle, the one who broke my Master's heart, again. She was wearing blue and white transparent shirt, short shorts, white high heels and white heart necklace. "Is Arthur awake already? I need to see him, it's urgent." Already stepping inside by bumping me without a 'sorry', never knew I would be irritated by it.