Chapter 16

Tonight was the party and I'm not going to lie, I was actually looking forward to it. After that awkward incident with Colby this morning, I was wanting to spend time away from him.

He was probably going to hook up with some girl tonight.

Not that I care or anything...

Currently, the boys are setting up the apartment and Katrina, Sytina, and me are out shopping for outfits at the mall. Katrina and Sytina hit it off pretty well, thankfully.

"Ok, Sytina since you already bought your dress and your like, a fashion expert, would you mind helping Violet out?" Katrina asked desperately.

"Hey! I can handle my own outfit, thank you very much." I whined.

At my dismay, Sytina agreed with Kat.
"Well, I think you need just a little bit. I mean, after this party I'm pretty sure you'd want to be in your boyfriend's bed if ya know what I mean." She said with a quick wink in my direction.

I felt my cheeks heat up. "Uh, hahaha, no I'm good. Thanks."

"Oh come on! You guys are lovers! Come here, we need to get you in a sexy outfit for Colby tonight." Kat said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me toward a dress shop.

Oh no.

<>

"Um, this one's too tight!"

This is my tenth dress I've tried on and rejected, earning groans and whines from my two friends.

"Ugh! Come on Violet! You gotta show off your assets, he is your boyfriend after all." Sytina reasoned and blatantly showing her frustration.

"Oh thank goodness you're back, Kat! Did you find another one?" She asked.

"Yes! I think I may have found the dress!" Kat exclaimed.

"Yeah you say that with every dress, Kat." I said.

After telling me to shut up, Kat handed me the dress.

"What? You call this a dress? There's barely any fabric!" I complained

"Omg just put the dang dress on." I heard come from the other side of the fitting room.

"Ugh fine." I complied.

I tried it on and to my surprise, I actually liked it. It was a little tight in the waist but I could live with that.

I walked out of the fitting room and the look on my friend's faces was almost terrifying.

"You look amazing!" Kat complemented me.