Chapter 4

I woke up to the lights streaming through the cracks in my blinds. I groaned and sat up in my bed.

Today was the day. I would be flying to Los Angelos California tonight. I took a deep breath as I remembered the agency was coming today. I'm going to learn all about this secret job.

Beside me Michelle moved in her sleep causing her to roll off the bed.

"Aaaahh" She screamed as she collided with my floor. I couldn't help but burst out laughing at my friend, still tangled up in a blanket on the floor.

"Hey that isn't funny!" She whined.

"Did you get hurt?" I questioned, my left eyebrow raised. "Erm, well... no, but-"

"Then it's super funny!" I said, laughing again.

She picked herself up and grabbed her pillow.

"I'll show you something funny!" She said while hopping up on the bed. I immediately stopped laughing as I felt something soft hit my face. Michelle just freakin started a pillow fight.

"Ooo, you're gonna get it girl." I growled at her. 

"Oh no, I'm so scared! She teased me. I grabbed my pillow and threw it at her face as hard as I could.

She didn't even flinch.

She stared at me, trying so hard to keep in her laugh. "Don't laugh at me just because I'm extremely weak." I said with a pouty face. She sat back down on the bed so we were eye-level.
Michelle's expression turned serious and she leaned closer to me.

"L-O-L". She said, her face still serious. I huffed and shook my head, a smile on my lips.

"Anyway, I'm really sad to say this but... you kinda need to go...." I said with a grim expression.

"I know, the agency is coming today and my best friend is leaving for God knows how long while I'm stuck here in this boring state called Arkansas with nothing to do but sit at home and watch YouTube and Netflix all day." She glanced down with an irritated look on her face.

"What? No! Don't think that way! I'll call you and text and FaceTime. Maybe you can come visit." I suggested.

"Yeah.. maybe. Well I'm leaving now so you can get ready for your meeting." Michelle said, getting her stuff together.

"Are you leaving without changing out of that hideous onesie?" I asked. She turned and looked back at me and said, "Yep." popping the p at the end.

"No one is going to see me in my car, plus I live like 5 minutes away, so I'll be fine." She replied.

"Alright then, um... bye Michelle." I quickly hopped out of bed, fully expecting a hug from her. But she just said a quick bye and left.

Okay then...

I pulled my hair in a ponytail and walked to my bathroom. I turned the shower on and got undressed. As I got into the shower, I thought about how my life is going to change as soon as the agency comes. Hopefully, it's for the better.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for another short chapter! I really need to make them longer... but hope ya like it and cya next chapter! ❤️