Chapter 7

After 3 long and gruesome hours, the plane finally landed.

After me and Sytina exchanged phone numbers, she went to her apartment to get ready for a job interview at Sephora.

Apparently she was a really good make-up artist.

I looked around the unfamiliar airport and caught sight of a man holding a sign with my name on it. I walked up to him.

I gave him a warm smile. I got a scowl in return.

"I suppose that you are Violet Kital?", he spat, making a disapproving face.

I didn't like this guy. Not one bit.

"No, I'm the Easter Bunny." I said with a blank face.

He huffed and rolled his eyes.

"Just follow me."

I followed him, weaving through the crowd as we make our way to a black car.

"Get in."

I didn't. I stood outside, bag in hand, waiting.

"What are you waiting for? Get in now." He sounded like he was getting furious, but I don't care.

"I'm waiting for the magic word." I said with one eyebrow cocked.

He released an angry sigh. Through clenched teeth he said, "Get in the car now, please."

I scoffed but sat down anyway.

A few minutes passed and we made it to Sam and Colby's apartment. Butterflies erupted in my stomach. It's a job, so I don't know why I should be nervous.

The mean pickle who has a stick shoved up his- oops, I mean, the driver told me their room number as I was getting out.

His tires screeched as he drove off.

Jerk.

As I made my way to their apartment, the butterflies increased. Step after step, they multiplied.

Finally, I got to their door and knocked on it. Almost immediately the door opened, revealing a very tired Sam Golbach.

"Hey! We have been waiting for you. Violet right?", Sam said, not even sounding as tired as he looks.

"Yep that's me!" I said, cheerfully.

"Well, come on in." Then he leaned in closer and whispered, "There is a very scary lady here to talk about... the arrangement."

He then stepped back to let me in.

Their apartment was pretty nice, a simple kitchen was there when you walk in and leads to the living room. There was a concrete pillar standing awkwardly in the middle and a hallway which probably leads to their rooms.

I also caught a glimpse of the "scary lady" that Sam mentioned.

She was ghostly white with her brown hair done up in a tight bun. She had a scar going from the top of her right eyebrow down to the middle of her cheek.

"You're late, Violet." She said in a cold, scary voice.

"Dang, you don't just look scary you are scary." I mumbled, so low that she couldn't hear me.

Sam heard it because I could see him trying not to laugh out of the corner of my eye.

"I was only late by a couple minutes." I said, louder this time.

"But you're still late!" She barked.

"Well, sorry... LA traffic is a pain."

Sam walked over to their couch and sat down while I stood by the sink.

Scary Face was still droning on about being on time to every single thing and how it'll build your reputation.

I heard a door open and footsteps walking down the hall. Colby appeared in maroon sweatpants and a plain white shirt.

Wow, I can see why so many people want to date him.

He didn't spare me a glance as he walked into the kitchen, bumping into my shoulder to get a cup from a cabinet.

As soon as Scary Face caught sight of Colby, she quickly changed the subject into the fake relationship. I already knew this stuff so I played Ice Cream Jump on my phone.

Eventually she left because she had a meeting to go to and didn't want to be late.  I turned to Colby to confront him about earlier.

"You could of said excuse me or sorry. You bumped into me and didn't even look at me."

He raised one of those big bushy eyebrows that I already adore.

He looked at Sam and said, "This is the girl that I'm stuck with?"

Woah.. his voice. It's so deep that I can swim in it. Was that weird? Yes, I think it was.

What he said clicked into my mind and I became angry.

"Well, I wouldn't be here if you didn't request for a fake girlfriend anyway." I said.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "I didn't request one, they came to me. It's you who actually signed up for the job."

This boy....

"I didn't either! They sent me a letter and I accepted. I didn't know it was going to be this bad." I looked over at Sam. An amused expression was etched onto his face.

"Wait, Sam isn't supposed to know about this."

"Oh yeah.. oh well." Colby scratched the back of his neck.

"Sorry not sorry." I mumbled, remembering that I told Michelle.

"Exactly!" Colby said.

I playfully shook my head and said, "Okay, now, where am I going to sleep?"

-------------------------------------------------------

Wassup??? New chapter! Woohoo 🎉

I hoped you liked it and if you did, please hit that star!  But like, don't break it bc then you wouldn't be able to vote on mah other chapters ;) 

See ya next time my beautiful losers! 🤙🏽

P.S if you want, message me some questions and I'll do a Q&A!!!!!!