Chapter 3

Moments Chapter 3

Maries' POV

Breakfast with Niall was a blast. But now it was time to say goodbye. I told myself not to cry as he helped me into the taxi and handed me my stuff. He payed the driver and gave me one last hug.

He looked at me and before he could say anything, I said, "Don't even think about appologizing again! And thank you for the breakfast. I had fun."

"How did you know I was gonna' appologize again?"

"The look on your face said it, Niall. You're not that hard to read," I laughed. He grinned. I continued, "Well, I guess this is goodbye."

Niall looked really sad for a moment. Then he brightened up and said, "Maybe not! We're staying here for a couple of weeks, so maybe we'll see each other again!"

Inside I was jumping for joy, but on the outside, all I said was, "Maybe. Well, I gotta' go now. Bye, Niall. Tell the boys goodbye for me!" He nodded.

He looked like he was going to say something else, but the driver got immpatient and snapped, "You know, I can't just sit here and wait all day!"

Niall smiled a little and ruffled my hair before shutting the taxi door. He stood there waving until we turned the corner and were out of sight.

Nialls POV

As soon as she turned the corner and vanished from my vision, my smile faded. Tears treatened to spill from my eyes as I turned to walk back to the tourbus. Looking down, I spotted a pink CD case on the ground. Realizing that it belonged to Marie, I panicked. Now I really had to see her again, so I could return the CD. I snatched it off of the ground and continued walking.

"The Talented Marie"

I chuckled at the writing on the CD case. There was a sticky note in the case that read, "To my best friend, Marie. You have so much talent and maybe this CD will show that. From your best friend, Ann."

Now I was really curious. What could be on the CD. I knew it was none of my business, but I made up my mind to listen to it when I got back to the tourbus.

The twenty minute walk seemed quick. Soon I was opening the door to the bus. Inside, it was chaos. Louis and Harry were spraying silky string everywhere, including in Zayns' hair. Zayn was screaming and throwing couch pillows at Louis and Harry, while Liam was trying to get between the crazy boys. But he gave up completely when Louie pulled a spoon out if his pocket and threatened to throw it at Liam. He backed off emmidiatly with his hands in the air.

"Okay, Louis! Just put. The. Spoon. Down." Liam said. Louis laughed evily and instead of putting it down, he cornered Liam and waved the spoon in his face. A high pitched girl scream burst from Liams throat. While Harry and Louis were distracted, Zayn slipped into the bathroom and locked the door.

None of them had noticed my presence yet. I took advantage of that and and snuck up behind Louis and Harry.

"BOOO!" I shouted in their ears. Harry and Louis screeched and jumped about a mile. Louis threw the spoon in the air and I caught it. I doubled over, laughing histarically.

Liam ran to my side, away from Harry and Louis, who were glaring daggers. Waving the spoon at Liam, I said, "I don't know why you ran to me! SPOON ATTACK!" I jumped on Liam and stuck the spoon in his face.

"AHH!" Liam shouted. "Why is everyone against me?!" he raced for the bathroom and banged on the door, yelling, "Zayn! Let me in! Help!" There was a click and Zayn yanked the door open, dragged Liam inside, slammed the door and locked it.

Harry and Louis calmed down and Louis asked, "So, what did you and Marie do?" Harry wiggled his eyebrows and grinned.

"I took her out to IHOP and then got her a taxi. That's all. Oh, she dropped this," I said, holding out the CD.

"Lets watch it!" Harry shouted.

Maries' POV

I was panicking. When I got home, I noticed that my CD was missing. I sincerly hoped Niall hadn't found it. He would probably watch it! I groaned in embarassment.

But I forgot all of this when I heard the phone ring. I raced to answer it.

"Hello? Marie Smith speaking."

"Hey, darling!"

"Daddy! How are you?" I exclaimed.

"Good. Now I wanna hear about my baby girl," he said.

"Things are good. School gets out in a week. I've got straight A's again!"

"That's my girl! So, what have you and Ann been up to?"

"Nothing much, we just hang out at the mall sometimes. I got a job at Hollisters!"

"Thats great! Well, I gotta go honey. Tell your mother I said hi. Goodbye, Marie. I love you!"

"I love you, too, Daddy. Goodbye," I said and we hung up.

I walked around the house, looking for Mum. She was in the living room, watching TV. She glanced up as I walked into the room.

"Hi, honey."

"Hi, Mum. Dad says hi." She nodded nonchalantly and turned her attention back to the TV. I sighed, this was nothing new. She had become distant towards me in the years since Daddy had gone to serve in the army. Her attitude didn't really bother me anymore.

I stumbled up the stairs, my body aching. My bed creaked as I collapsed on it. My eyes closed and I drifted off to sleep, Nialls' smile the last image in my head.

A/N: Sorry if this chapter is a little boring. It'll get better! Please comment, fan and vote! :)