fourteen

"what's your biggest dream?" auston asked as they both laid in the dark on his bed, kendall had to think about it at first but she knew exactly what she wanted to do

"i want to go and travel the world, and yourself?" she asked quietly and auston quickly responded. "i'm already living my dream, playing in the nhl." auston said proudly which caused kendall to roll her eyes.

"besides hockey." she asked as she waited patiently for an answer. "wow, nobody has never asked me that kind of question before, that's a hard one but i would probably go to the beach for hours, with someone who i love dearly." he said and she smiled.

"that sounds really nice." kendall stated and auston agreed with her. "it does, one day i'm going to go." he was determined and kendall turned around so she could face him.

"do you think jordyn is going to be with you?" kendall asked and auston shook his head no with disappointment.

"why is that?" she asked but auston shrugged not wanting to talk about. "i have this feeling that she isn't going to be with me for the rest of my life." he said slowly and kendall's insides were doing flips, giving her butterflies. maybe she does have a chance with him.

"well, who are you going to bring with you to the beach?" she asked, just hoping her name would be bought in this conversation.

"i don't know the future kenna, but someone." he whispered as his hot breath hit her cold neck giving her goosebumps.

"i'm going to bed, goodnight matts." kendall said and turned on her side, not facing him as she closed her eyes. getting comfortable.

"goodnight kenna." he said to the sleeping girl. he sighed just wanting to put his arm around her tiny waist, but that would be any good, right?

•••

kendall woke up the next morning as the sun beamed through the huge glass window of auston's room.

she quietly got out of the bed, not wanting to wake up auston. she quietly walked out the room as she wore the baggy clothes that belong to auston, the cologne stuck on his clothes. kendall sniffed the large shirt and admired the smell.

she looked in the fridge and took out all the supplies to make breakfast for the both of them.

twenty minutes later, kendall was done cooking the egg omelettes as they were dished out on the marble island.

the bedroom door opened and a sleepy auston came out and gave her a smile. "thanks kenna." he said and gave her a peck on her soft cheek, kendall chuckled as her cheeks began to turn into a light shade of pink.

they both sat in silence as they ate their delicious omelettes with a cup of orange juice on the side. auston finished in minutes and placed his dirty dish, cup and fork in the dishwasher, also with kendall following his actions.

"let's go out today." auston said confidently and kendall immediately smiled as she agreed with him. "let's stop at my place, i need to get ready for the day." kendall said and went back into auston's room, putting on her clothes that she was wearing the previous day.

she tied her hair into a high ponytail and lazily put on her boots, not tying them. she walked out to see auston sitting on the couch, nicely dressed for the day.

"how did you get dressed so fast?" kendall asked as she opened the door, he shrugged not knowing why.

"i just find a shirt, some shorts and slap them on." he shrugged as they both walked onto the elevator, pushing the ground floor button.

"no wonder why your fashion is horrible." kendall joke earning a playfully eye roll from auston.

•••

"pack some clothes." auston said as he laid on kendall's messy bed, she furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at him cluelessly.

"what? pack some clothes for what?" she asked with confusion in her voice and auston chuckled. "just pack some clothes, we're going on an adventure." he flashed his smile and she grabbed her black nike duffel bag.

"how much clothes?" she asked and he started to count his fingers, "a week? but pack some shorts and shirts because we are going to be out, exploring." he said and she did what he said as she started to stuff summer outfits into the bag.

she rushed into the bathroom and grabbed all her stuff she needed. "wait, what about my sister?" kendall asked as she stopped in her tracks. she crossed her arms and looked at auston waiting for a response.

"i already asked her, don't worry kenna. just pack." auston smiled and kendall ran out the bedroom. he quickly went through her first drawer and grabbed a couple of bathing suits as fast as he can and stuffed them at the bottom of her duffel bag.