four

the two young adults walked down the street not saying a word but kendall was slightly confused when people asked to take pictures with this auston boy who she doesn't know anything about

"want to get some coffee?" he asked as he took in her beautiful features, she nodded her head slowly as they both walked into a small café. he pulled out the chair for kendall to sit on and she sent him a weak smile, she didn't want to come out but it's quite rude to leave the boy hanging.

"tell me about yourself." auston said as he had his large hands under his chin, holding it for support. kendall let out a deep, long breath of air before talking.

"well, i'm kendall barrington. i'm turning twenty in october, i used to live in ottawa but now i moved for school, i like reading books and love to go out and explore the city." she looked into the hazel brown eyes of the mysterious boy and a set of coffee in small white cups was placed in front of the two adults who didn't know what to say each other.

"is that what you were going to do last night but you almost go-." he said but kendall quickly cut him off, "like i said last night, don't bring it up." kendall said quietly as she stirred the cup of coffee.

"i'm sorry, i forgot," he said with his brown eyes softened and his shoulders slumped, regretting what he said. "it's fine, let me hear about yourself." kendall said and looked at him which caused auston to let a soft chuckle escape his pink soft lips.

"you really don't know who i am?" he asked, kendall was confused as she cocked her eyebrow. "should i know? are you famous? because people wanted pictures every time they seen you." kendall said and took a drink of her lukewarm coffee.

"well i'm not quite famous, i play for the toronto maple leafs. have you heard of the team before?" he questioned and it clicked, "do you play with some guy named mitch marner?" she asked and he nodded his head making his chocolate brown hair fall on his muscular face.

"so you have heard." he said and flashed a smile that any girl would die for, "steph told me." she shrugged and auston furrowed his dark bushy eyebrows.

"steph? you know her?" he asked as thoughts took over his head, "well, i just met her yesterday." kendall said and she took a drink of her coffee.

"speaking of the devil." kendall whispered as she seen steph and a guy beside her as they walked in their direction of the table.

"kendall! it's nice to see you again!" steph said and embraced kendall into a tight hug, "it's good to see you too." kendall said and gently pushed her away.

"auston? what are you doing here?" steph asked as she looked at the two completely unknown strangers.

"i could ask you the same thing, what's up mitch?" auston said and changed the subject as he did a handhsake with the boy mitch who is steph's boyfriend and who also plays for an nhl hockey team.

"well, this is mitch, my boyfriend. mitch this is kendall who i met yesterday." she said and his dark brown eyes shot up from his phone and gave a friendly smile to kendall who actually smiled the fullest.

"we should get going, we don't want to interrupt anything." mitch said as a smirk glued on his face as he pulled steph away from the table, the two looked at each other and laughed at what mitch just said.

"so, how are you doing?" auston asked, referring to the incident that happened last night, kendall gulped not wanting to have this conversation. she remembered every single detail to the man groping her and to auston saving her.

"i'm doing fine, but i never got to hear about you." kendall said and tried to change the subject. auston knew she was lying, he felt so selfish he should've walked faster instead of taking his time because if he walked faster he would've pushed that guy off her just in time.

"i'm auston matthews, i'm turning twenty next mouth, i use to live in scottsdale arizona, i love to play hockey and meet new people." auston said as he waited for her response.

"it's nice to officially meet you, auston matthews." kendall said and held out her tiny hand for him to shake, "and it's very nice to meet you too, kendall barrington." he said and gently shook her warm pale hand that is covered with some beautiful rings.