ten

then it happened

then it happened. three days came by pretty fast, casey apologized, kendall and steph began to hang out and come more close with each other.

but there was no sign of auston. he didn't come and see kendall, he didn't text or call her, the guys whom he played with and steph did see him but he stood quiet.

it was like a important piece of kendall was gone, and she needed it back. auston took it without asking and she felt miserable.

but, kendall being herself didn't show no emotion of being sad in front of others, even though she felt the worst possible way, she wouldn't let her emotions get in the way.

"kenna? are you there?" steph asked as she snapped her pale fingers in front of kendall's face. she gulped at the nickname, kenna. auston called her that, it's like everywhere she would go it would remind her of auston and it didn't please her.

"uh, yeah. i'm here." kendall said slowly and coughed awkwardly as she stirred the hot coffee that is in the small white coffee cup with a small plate under it.

steph sighed and she knew that something was wrong with her. "are you sure that nothing is bothering you?" the worried blonde girl asked as she looked at kendall.

"i've told you this before steph, i'm fine, really." kendall hesitated and took a small drink of her hot coffee.

steph sighed deeply, knowing that she sin't going to get the right answer. "okay." steph said with disappointment in her voice.

kendall looked at the time and shot up from the table chair. "shoot, i'm sorry steph. but i have to go, i'll see you later." kendall said quickly and gave her a quick hug before leaving the café.

she walked down the crowded streets as she brushed shoulders with many, but this shoulder seemed different. it felt familiar, she stopped in her tracks and turned on her heel.

she looked at the back of the two people as they held hands, talking about a conversation that nobody really care about. the back of the boy looked familiar but kendall shook it off and began to walk.

•••

kendall and casey both sat on the beige couch as they watched 'game of thrones'. "god, look at jon snow, he's so hot." casey drooled over the man and stood up from the couch as the home phone began to ring.

kendall didn't agree with casey, she thought that nobody can't compete with auston. "kendall? someone is on the phone for you, it's a boy." casey said and the word 'boy' made kendall jolt up from the couch. she raced to the phone and snatched it out of casey's soft hand.

k-hello?

a-hey kenna! it's me, matts

k- hey, what's up?

a-come to the café that we first had coffee at, i want you to meet someone

k-okay, i'm on my way

kendall ended the called and raced to the door, "where are you going?" casey asked and paused the tv show.

"sorry cas, i'm going to meet up with a friend. we'll finish it later." kendall said, referring to the tv show. leaving her sister in the apartment confused.

she couldn't wipe the giant smile off her face as she walked to the close by café, she let out a sigh and wondered who auston wanted kendall to meet.

thoughts ran wildly as she walked into the café, "over here!" auston said and kendall looked at the direction she heard the voice that she missed but one of her eyebrows cocked up as she seen a beautiful girl that stood by his side. it was just his sister right?

kendall thought about it over and over again as she came closer to auston and the unknown girl. "how are you?" auston asked as he gave kendall a hug. she took a sniff of his cologne and it smelt like heaven.

she let go of the hug and smiled at him. "i've been really good, how about you?" she asked and the three sat down at a booth.

"i've been doing really great actually, but this is jordyn. my girlfriend." he smiled proudly and looked at jordyn with love in his hazel brown eyes.