Dear Journal...

I turned over and closed my eyes. As I was drifting off to sleep I felt Dan get out of bed, I didn't think anything of it. I thought he was going to the bathroom or getting some water. As he opened the door again I looked over to see him. I was still drifting off so my vision wasn't perfect. I saw something in his hand as he walked in. "You OK, Dan?" I asked sounding sleepy. "Yes River I'm fine. Just go to sleep." He said getting into bed and rubbing my back. I didn't fall asleep but Dan obviously thought I did. He bought a daily journal in and he was writing in it. He was saying what he was writing so I decided to close my eyes and listen to his voice while I fell asleep. "Hey Journal, today was really fun. We hung out with River. I fall more in love with her every moment we have together. I love her so much but I can't tell Phil, it would hurt him so much. I know he loves me. I lied to River about a dead rat in my pillow case so that I could sleep in her's (technically mine) bed instead of with Phil. I hope she likes me. I can't wait for her surprise of moving in with us. It's going to be so fun. Well night journal." I felt Dan put his arm around me. I didn't move I smiled and went to sleep. I knew that I was going to ask Dan out. I woke up at around 3am. I turned over and accidentally woke Dan up. "Hey." He said with a smile. "Hey, how did you sleep?" I asked smiling. "Yeah, OK." Dan replied. "Hey, Umm I know its early but I need to ask you something." I said sitting up. "Yeah OK, what is it?" Dan said as he started to sit up as well.