"Hey! Catch that girl!", Demion heard a shout out & felt a jolt from behind. He turned to find a little girl sitting on his horse's back.

Demion's first response was, "Hey kid, get off."

She gave a ugly frown through her dirty blond hair and punched the knife in her hand into the horse's butt.

"Is that a knife in your hands? Hey wait, what are you doing?" But it was too late, the horse cried out & erupted into a fury of speed, racing down the market streets.

By the time the Demion regained control over the horse he had scared the life out of a ton of people, ran over a cripple & almost crashed into a bullock-cart. "What are you?", Demion asked.

"Wow! That was a blast! Hope they aren't after us anymore.", the girl huffed and puffed trying to catch her breath.

Demion wasn't much pleased about the fact that his interrogation was ignored. "I asked, what are you?"

"Oh! It's Aylin!", she grinned wide.

"No, I don't want your name-", Demion was cut off by her. "Huh?", she looked surprised.

"Don't interfere when I speak. What I wanted to know was, why did you jump on my horse? Why are you bothering me?"

"Well you're the one who's a knight in shining armour. I thought you might help."

Demion regretted that he was covered in an armour from tip to toe. Gloves of iron covered his arms, a helmet was tightly strapped with the breastplate & backplate to cover his great secret. He hated the extra weight but it was necessary, if anyone saw his arms or his headless body... it would be trouble. "Well seems like you're pretty save now. So go away.", he gestured 'get lost'.

"Hey, aren't you a knight? Where's your chivalry!", Aylin revolted.

"Don't bother me.", Demion caught Aylin by head and threw her on the ground.

Aylin fell face first. "Hey! What was that! What's the deal with you!", she sobbed with weeping eyes. "It hurts..."

"I'm leaving. Let our paths never cross again...", Demion pulled the reins, commanding his horse to turn.

"You're running away! You're no man!", she yelled again, wiping off her tears & rubbing over her bruised face.

All of it seemed laughable to Demion. A little, feeble female human was judghing him by her standards. "Running away...? On that point, you were also running away from a bunch of people. Why?", his voice showed hints of amusement.

"I... I.. stole. Cause I was hungry!", she sobbed. "Since the King died, things here have been very unstable. There's a scarcity of food."

Contrite... Remorse.. Rue. Even if terribly trivial, Demion felt it. There was no need to kill the king, he could've let the king live. "I see... If you're feeling hungry, I know a place where you can find food."

Aylin's face lit up, "Really?"

"Yes. It's a few blocks away.", Demion said pointing along a narrow lane.

Aylin hurriedly jumped on the horse's back. "Then let's go!", she cheered.
.
.
.
The horse stopped beside a shop sign that read 'The Enchante'. Demion got down and entered through a small, crampy door, while Aylin followed behind. The interior was covered in timber with tall wooden shelfs full of things all over. A large full body armor stood at a corner while animal heads & various weapons covered every wall.

"Hey, it doesn't looks like a place where you can get food.", Aylin frowned.

"This isn't a place where you can buy food. It's a magic store."

"Then why are we here?", Aylin objected.

"Cause I don't want to spent money on you. And here we can get food for free, I know the shop owner.", Demion replied. Aylin frowned at that.

Demion walked up to the old man on the counter. "I need food, for this kid", Demion pointed Aylin.

"Sure, Master Demion.", the old man bowed. "And who might be this little miss?"

"No one. No need to tell him about it.", Demion sighed.

"If you wish so, I won't." He then went to the backside of thr shop and returned with bread & turkey.

Aylin's mouth watered as she digged in. She was savouring the turkey when she stopped to ask, "Umm, what was your name again?"

"Demion."

"Oh... So Demion, what's this magic?", she asked while stuffing a leg bone in her mouth.

"You... don't know?"