Chappy 65

A light groan escaped (Y/n)'s lips as she tiredly trudged into the kitchen. It was half past noon and she still felt like going back to bed considering the time she went to sleep.

The girl sat on a counter chair and rested her head on her palms, groggy eyes boring holes on Nanami's back. The woman, who was finishing up the dishes, looked over her shoulder at the girl and smiled.

"Good afternoon! Someone slept late yesterday," she chuckled as she took a hand towel to dry off her hands and turned to face the girl.

"Yeah...just finishing up some series and stuff..." (Y/n) responded before letting out a loud yawn.

Nanami saw this and arched a bemused eyebrow. "Hungry?"

"Mhhmmm."

"I'm sure you know how to make your own breakfast."

(Y/n) thinned her lips into a straight line as she sent the smirking woman a blank look. She then sighed and got off the counter chair to head to the fridge.

"So, did you confess?"

(Y/n) froze at her question before she quickly composed herself and knitted her eyebrows to feign confusion.

"Whatever do you mean?"

The woman rolled her eyes and leaned back on the sink. "You know what I mean."

"Was I supposed to?" (Y/n) scoffed while taking out a milk carton before closing the fridge door with her hip.

Nanami sighed. "Yes, you were. How long are you going to keep this to yourself?"

(Y/n) set down the milk on the counter and turned to look at the woman. "No offense but, this is kinda of my decision. Aren't I supposed to decide when or when not to tell him?"

"I know, I know," the woman lifted her hands in surrender. "What I'm just saying is that most of your decisions are what I would call...sensible."

"I beg your pardon?"

"What I mean is, you're just a teenager. Sometimes you don't make the right decision and plus, what do you have to lose when you confess to him?"

(Y/n) scoffed and gave her a strange look. "Uh...my pride and self-preservation?"

Nanami rose her eyebrows in a challenging fashion. "Oh? And what are you preserving?"

"My pride," (Y/n) answered, making Nanami roll her eyes. "Besides, I already tried last night...or today...whatever."

The woman perked up, her face lighting up in curiosity. "You did? What did he say?"

"I stopped myself."

Nanami's face dulled once more and she placed her palm on her forehead. "And what reason did you have this time?"

(Y/n) crossed her arms over her chest and shrugged. "Well uh...what if...what if whatever you said yesterday happens? You know, what if we get together and then realize that we're not compatible? Or what if he doesn't like me anymore? He could've stopped, right?"

The female felt a tinge of fear and dread if that were to be true. She couldn't imagine what would happen if she were to confess only for him to tell her that he was over her. What she was sure of was the embarrassment and hurt that would come after and she'd rather keep quiet than risk all that happening.

"Are you going blind?"

"Eh?"

Okay, I did not expect that...

Nanami then dug into her pocket to retrieve her phone. "Because I know a very good optician who might check your eyes."

The girl narrowed her (e/c) eyes at the parent. "I'm not going blind."