Chappy 35

(Y/n) laid on her bed, unmoving, her eyes staring into the distant nothing as she mindlessly fiddled with her necklace, pulling and twisting around the half-heart. Her mind, though, was drowning in thought. She couldn't stop thinking about the argument she had with Katsuki. She also couldn't stop thinking about what she could've said instead, maybe then, things would've turned out different.

Her phone, which was lying face down next to her, vibrated. Her lifeless (e/c) eyes fell on it and stared at it for a moment before picking it up. Far deep inside, she hoped that it was a miracle text from Katsuki but then again, what up reality.

She dragged down the pulldown bar and saw the message preview from Mina.

[7:37 PM] Mina Pinky: Hey girl! How'd it go?

(Y/n) sighed and turned to lie on her back. She tapped on the text, bringing up the full message and quickly typed in the response.

[7:38 PM] (Y/n): Not good. Sorry, I couldn't get him to go

Mina's response was almost immediate.

[7:38 PM] Mina Pinky: Aww 😦. It's cool though, at least you tried. The effort's all that counts 😊

[7:39 PM] (Y/n): Yeah, you're right

[7:40 PM] Mina Pinky: Well, I have to go. My mom's calling me down for dinner and no phones at the table 😐

[7:40 PM] (Y/n): Sure. Night

[7:42 PM] Mina Pinky: Nightie night!!

(Y/n) read the last response before quitting the app. After doing so, she tossed the phone back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling.

What am I doing?

The girl turned her head to the side and stared at her phone. She chewed on her bottom lip as she thought of her next move.

She didn't like the way she left things with Katsuki and it ate her up inside. She needed closure. If it meant that that was the last time she was going to speak to Katsuki, then at least, she'd have to tie up her own loose end. Even if it meant not directly speaking to him.

She reached out for her phone again and tapped on the message app. Her fingers hovered Katsuki's page as she went into thought again.

Wait, what am I thinking? What if he probably blocked me already? If he did, he won't get the message...

The girl's heart twisted at the thought that he had blocked her but ignored the feeling altogether. She sighed and placed the phone back on her bed.

Now what? She scratched her head as she thought of another way to 'talk' to him.

She sighed in defeat, finding all her ideas lame or impossible. She sat up and lazily looked around the room. She did a double take when she saw her open bag carelessly strewn on the floor. Her exercise books were almost falling out of the bag.

Almost forgot I had notes to write. She frowned, already feeling fatigued from the knowledge of extra work. She got on all fours and crawled to the edge of the bed. She leaned her upper body over the edge of the bed and reached out for the bag's strap, careful not to fall over on her face.

After three hard tries, she finally grabbed the strap and pulled it towards her. The girl took out an exercise book and a textbook, before throwing the nearly empty bag back to the ground and crawled back to the center of her bed.

Sitting back with crossed legs, she opened her textbook to the designated page and placed it before her. She opened her exercise book, finding the pens in between the pages and placed it on her lap.