Chappy 48

Cookies...cookies...something smells weird...is that me?... I should've showered after school-soooo hungry...so bright...ugh why can't I get that smell out of my nose?... Something's beeping...so annoying... don't remember my alarm sounding like that...ugh have school today...so tired...but I have to wake up...fuck my life...I don't wanna...fine...just get up...

(Y/n) let out a low groggy groan, her (e/c) eyes slowly flickering open.

"Oh good! You're awake! Finally!"

(Y/n) hummed quizzically, still disoriented from the deep sleep she had awoken from.

"Huh..." she turned her head towards the unfamiliar voice. She groaned again and closed her heavy eyes. "What year is it?"

"Sadly, still in (year)," the voice chuckled. "And what a time to be alive, don't you think?"

The girl hummed in response and opened her eyes. She lifted her hand to rub her eyes but stopped upon seeing a cannula attached to the back of her hand. She placed her hand down and blinked rapidly to adjust her vision, her surrounding clearing into focus. Now that she was awake, the smell of medicine started getting to her.

Her (e/c) eyes took in white walls, a large TV right across the room next to a door, the drawn curtains across the room indicating it was night, a large couch placed against the wall beside the bed, a heart monitor beeping next to her, a tube attached to the cannula leading to an IV bag and a grey-eyed doctor smiling down at her.

"Good to see you back from the land of the dead!" he gushed, his smile widening into a Cheshire grin.

"Huh?" the girl frowned. "What do you mean? And where am I?"

"You're in the hospital," he explained, taking a seat next to the confused girl. "Do you remember what happened before you got here?"

(Y/n) pursed her lips in thought before nodding. "I remember a building on fire and trying to contain an explosion. After that, it's all a blur..."

The man hummed pensively.

(Y/n) began feeling uncomfortable in the lying position she was in so she tried sitting up. She hissed when a stabbing pain pierced through her side and she immediately laid back down with a groan.

"Let me help you with that," the doctor said as he pressed a button on the side of the bed, lifting the front into a sitting but angled position.

(Y/n) thanked the man, shifting herself into a more comfortable position before leaning her head back with a heavy sigh. She placed a hand on her side, feeling the thick bandages under her hospital scrub. Fuck it hurts, she winced.

Silence followed after, with the doctor peering at the girl in wonder, as if he was seeing a rare artifact. The girl turned her head to the side and her eyes met with his steel ones in a heady stare. She began growing self-conscious with every passing second he continued staring at her.

"What?" she finally asked after a while.

"Do you know that you died?"

The girl stared him blankly for a minute, trying to wrap her mind around what he said.

"Are you on drugs?"

"No no no," an amused chuckle escaped from his lips. "I'm being serious. You died."

His amazed eyes glinted even more. He hadn't had experience in telling people that they had died before so seeing her reaction was amusing to him.

(Y/n), on the other hand, was not amused.

"You're joking, right?" she narrowed her eyes at him in skepticism. "I'm right here. How can I be dead?"

"You came back to life," he responded coolly and placed his clipboard on the table beside the bed to lean back in his chair. He crossed his legs and linked his fingers together on his lap. "Just three hours ago actually. Slept the whole time until now."