Chappy 61

"Oh my God! We...we made it!!" (Y/n) exclaimed in rapid short breaths, leaning her back on the wall beside the class door as she tried to catch her breath.

Katsuki was hunched over, hands on his knees as he too regained his breath from the hectic run they had done. He took in a deep breath and straightened up, still panting as he looked at the tired girl.

"Come on!!" he said, his hand going to slide open the door.

"No...wait..." she said between harsh pants and held up three of her fingers. "Just...just three more minutes..." She took in a gulp of air and clutched at her chest. "I think my lungs are bleeding...I'm having an asphyxiation," she began frantically fanning her face. "Call a doctor or a nurse...I think death has come back for me...Hurry!"

Katsuki rolled his eyes but listened to her nevertheless. After their pants died down, Katsuki slid open the door and on cue, everyone in class turned their heads to look at them.

(Y/n) gulped upon noticing that homeroom had already began and Aizawa was giving them a hard stare.

"Bakugou, (L/n), how nice of you to finally show up to class," he said, his sarcastic, monotonous voice reflecting the opposite of his words.

The two quickly walked to their seats, Katsuki scowling deeply at the attention that was on them while (Y/n)'s face burned red from embarrassment and the running they had done.

Jeez...can they stop staring?! (Y/n) frowned bitterly as she took out her books and placed them on her desk.

"(L/n)."

Said girl jumped in her seat from surprise and turned her attention to the pro-hero standing at the front.

"Uh....yeah?" she asked, nervously picking at her nails at the thought of the punishment he'd give them for being late.

However, what he said next almost made her fall out of her seat.

"Don't make that face when you're in the wrong. Appearing late in Bakugou's shirt doesn't speak well of your character at the moment."

H-how did he?!....

The girl froze, her jaw nearly dropping to the ground as her (e/c) eyes widened like saucers. Her mind went completely blank and she felt like she wanted to swan dive from the class' window. And her classmates' scrutinizing stares did nothing to help with that.

"Ohh~" Kaminari was the first to speak up, a sly smirk on his lips as he leaned towards the stupefied girl, "I didn't know you were that type to flaunt your night activities~How bold~"

(Y/n) turned to give him a horrified look. "No!! I just wore it because mine was dirty!!"

"Not because Bakugou tore it to shreds?" Mina winked at her.

"Or because you couldn't find it in the morning?" Tsuyu asked bluntly.

Fuck!! Why didn't I wear my jacket?!

"No! That's not-"

"Ahh damn that Bakugou!!" Mineta interjected, sending Katsuki an envious look, "Why does he get the pretty ones even when he has the personality of a garbage truck?"

Katsuki shot out of his seat to glare at the sulking short boy, his face too flushed red. "You wanna say that again to my face, ballbrains?!"

He then turned his anger towards the rest of the class, "If you fucking side characters don't back off from (Y/n), you're the ones I'll be tearing to shreds!!"

"So basically you're admitting to tearing her shirt apart," Toru said cheekily, earning a growl from the seething ash-blond.

"No!! Nothing like that happened!! We just overslept and- why am I explaining myself to you guys?!!!" (Y/n) ran her hand through her hair in frustration, her whole face as red as a beet root. She was starting to regret why she didn't go home earlier the previous night. She'd have avoided this whole inconvenience for both her and Katsuki's sake.