Chapter 4: Getting Out Of Alaska

(Nathan was awake and Lara was dreaming again. She heard a voice speaking in her head.)

**Man: (Whispers) "Chica, did you miss me?"

**Lara: "No, not you! Get out!"

**Vaas: "Aww, is that anyway to treat a friend?"

**Lara: "You are not my friend!"

**Vaas: "Don't be like that, chica! I missed you!"

**Lara: "Yeah, well I don't miss you! Now, leave me alone!" (His shadow grabbed her from behind and dragged her down to the dark abyss. She yelled as she landed with a thud. She took out a glow stick.)

**Lara: "What do you want with me?"

**Vaas: "I want you to come back and be with me."

**Lara: "Why?"

**Vaas: "Because that serum I gave you before, still has a little bit in your body."

**Lara: "What? But I drank the Elixir of Life and it cures anything."

**Vaas: "You may think it did, but there's still a little left in you." (Lara shook her head so many times.)

**Lara: "No, no. I can get it out of me!" (She takes out her combat knife and aimed it at her stomach.)

**Vaas: "Chica, chica! Don't you ever learn? You think killing yourself again will work? Use your brain, chica! You're just as crazy as I am. It's in your bloodstream." (He laughed and Lara was looking at her body as the serum slowly consumes her.)

**Lara: "No! No! Please! Make it stop! Nathan!"

**Vaas: "They're gone."

**Lara: "What?! What the hell did you do?!" (Vaas tapped his chin with his bandaged finger.)

**Vaas: "Hmm. I may got a little carried away with my rampages." (He held out a bloody knife and Lara covered her mouth in fear.)

**Lara: (Muffled) "No! No!"

**Vaas: "Aww, don't worry. You'll be meeting them soon." (Lara was tossing and turning in bed, Nathan shook her.)

Nathan: "Lara, Lara! Lara, wake up!" (Lara gasped and woke up. She was panting hard and Nathan was concerned about her.)

Nathan: "Look at me. Look in my eyes." (Lara looked at him, deeply and Nathan caressed her cheek.)

Nathan: "Are you alright?" (Lara drew him in for a tight hug around his warm body. Nathan strokes her hair and closed his eyes because he felt her fear.)

Nathan: "Tell me what's wrong." (Lara looked over his shoulder and shuts her eyes tightly.)

Lara: (Whispers) "I can't."

Nathan: "You can. Just tell me. It's okay. I'm here." (Lara took a deep breath and spoke.)

Lara: "I had a nightmare. It was Vaas speaking to me! I could feel his presence still here."

Nathan: "We killed Vaas. You killed Vaas. He's gone."

Lara: "No. I know he's still here. I can feel it."

Nathan: "Lara, I saw him lying dead before my very eyes. He's dead and gone. He's never coming back."

Lara: "Nathan, I'm so scared and when I saw him in my head, it was dark and cold and I felt...lonely. Just like when I was stranded on Yamatai. It's like it's a connection." (Nathan looks at Lara in her brown eyes.)