Chapter 2: The Secret Artifact

(Lara and Nathan went to Sully to tell him what's going on.)

Nathan: "Hey, old man. Lara and I are going to check out that mountain."

Sully: "Great. Because I don't want to climb mountains that high."

Nathan: "That's fine. It's just us anyway."

Sully: "Even better. Your funerals."

Nathan: "Yeah, whatever you say, old man." (Isabelle and Trevor ran out and saw Nathan and Lara leaving.)

Trevor: "What?"

Isabelle: "You're leaving, now?"

Lara: "Isabelle, I'm afraid so. We have to check out this mountain."

Trevor: "We want to come too."

Nathan: "I know, Trevor, but you two need to learn a few things."

Lara: "And you need to watch the fire and make sure it doesn't go out."

Isabelle: "So, you're both saying that we need to stay here."

Nathan: "Exactly. I hope you understand."

Trevor: "We understand. It's better to stay here than get eaten alive."

Lara: "Survival is key, Trevor. Don't forget that. When we return, we'll teach you everything you two need to know."

Isabelle: "Okay, just hurry back."

Nathan: "We will."

Sam: "You two be careful!"

Samantha: "And watch out for frostbite!"

Lara: "Alright! We'll be back!"

Nathan: "Thanks, bro!" (Sam puts a thumbs up for the both of them. Bryce was eating hot stew and Zip taps his headset.)

Zip: "I'll let you know if we're doing okay."

Lara: "Thanks, Zip."

Zip: "Good luck, you two." (Lara and Nathan looked at the mountain again.)

Nathan: "That seems like a hike from here. Are you sure the secret artifact your father was looking for is in that mountain?"

Lara: "Yes, I have a feeling that it's in there, hidden deep within the mountain."

Nathan: "Okay, got your climbing gear?" (Lara took out her two axes.)

Lara: "Of course. I never leave my home unprepared."

Nathan: "Alright, let's start climbing on that mountain." (Lara nodded and smiled at him while walking behind him towards the mountain that was far from where they were. Lara and Nathan were climbing up the mountain with their climbing gear.)

Nathan: "So, what did your father tried to get in this mountain that he didn't get a chance to?"

Lara: "That's what I tried to figure out, but nothing in his study journal told me about this secret artifact."

Nathan: "That's really interesting."

Lara: "Wait a second. I might know." (Lara was thinking in her mind about what the artifact is.)

**Richard: "Lara, do you realize what this is?" (Richard shows what's in his hand. It was a picture and Lara takes it and examines it.)

**Lara: "Hmm. I'm not sure. It's a mask."

**Richard: "Yes, it is, but do you know what it is?"

**Lara: "No, father. I have no clue."