Chapter nine: The Funeral and the Most Beautiful Thing

Brianna

I woke up to a slightly sunny day, but it wasn't gloomy, just sunny, but not a happy sunny day exactly.

I looked to the left, and saw that Andrew was already awake, with his eyes open and staring at the wall I front of him.

Today will be a sad day for him. I hope he doesn't cry. We both have to get to the funeral.

"Good morning," I told him.

"Oh, good morning. Did you just wake up?"

"Yup."

"So....."

"Uh... We gotta get going. Do you want to eat breakfast now...?"

"Okay."

We headed downstairs to the kitchen, and I made toast and scrambled eggs with two glasses of orange juice for us.

We ate in the kitchen, I guess because we didn't really feel like taking the extra time to go upstairs and eat on the balcony.

He finished eating first, so he went upstairs to get ready first.

Once I finished, I put the dishes in the dishwasher, and once I got upstairs, Andrew was already done getting dressed. I saw him sitting with his black tux in the little library beside my room, and he was reading a book on the couch. He looked sad, looking down at the book.

"You ready?" I asked.

Andrew looked up at me, surprised that I was standing there. "Yeah."

"Okay. I'll go get ready."

I walked into my room and into the bathroom, and I had a shower, fixed my hair, put my perfume on, and everything else, and I put the bathrobe on and went to my closet. I opened the closet and on the hanger with all my dresses, there was a simple black dress standing out with all the other colourful ones. I took the dress off the hook, and frowned, then sighed. I have never worn this dress before, besides the time I tried it on when I bought it.

I unzipped the dress, took off my robe, put my feet in the dress, pulled it up, and put my two arms through the holes.

I put my hand behind my back for the zipper, I pulled it up, but I couldn't pull it up all the way. I sighed, and walked out of the room to the little library.

"Andrew?" I asked, once I got through the door frame.

Andrew looked up, and his eyes widened for a few seconds, like he was stunned.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Can you help me please? I can't zip it up all the way."

"He hesitated for a second, swallowed, then put his book down on the table beside the couch that he was sitting on. "Uh- yeah- uh- okay."

He walked up to me, and he gently moved my hair back to the sides, and I felt his warm hands as he did. He then started to zip it up, and I could feel the heel of his hand as his it moved upwards. He zipped it up past the back of my bra, then he finished at the top.

"Thank you," I said.

"Uh- you- um- you're welcome."

I smiled, then returned to my room to make sure that my hair and makeup was still okay.

After that, I walked to my moms room to see if she was ready.

I knocked on the door. "Mom?"

"Yes? Come in." She said in a shaky voice.