take your own advice, dork

☼  ☼  ☼

☼  ☼  ☼

The hallways of the apartment complex were rather empty. Peter and Andi seemed to be the only two out so late. After Tony left the two, they'd spent their time walking aimlessly around the crowded streets of New York, regardless of the embarrassing outfits Tony purchased for them. Peter didn't wanna go home, and Andi definitely did not wanna go back to the tower, the place she no longer felt she was wanted.

Andi and Peter walked slowly down the hall and to Peter's apartment door. He knocked on the door and waited several seconds until May threw it open. Her expression revealed she was relieved to see her nephew, but it also revealed he was in quite a bit of trouble. May walked away and Peter walked into the apartment, followed closely by Andi. She was sure May and Peter were about to share a few words with each other, and the thought of it made her feel a bit anxious. Family squabbles were not her cup of tea, but for the sake of not having to return to the tower, she was going to force herself to get over it.

"I've been calling you all day," May started. "You didn't answer your phone, you can't do that. And then this ferry thing happens? I've called five police stations. Five. I called five of your friends, including Andi, who didn't answer her phone either, no wonder. I even called Ned's mother—"

"I'm fine, May," Peter cut her off. "I'm okay, honestly. Just relax, I'm fine."

May turned around to look at him, nothing but seriousness written all over her face. "Cut the bullshit. I know you left detention, I know you left the hotel room in Washington, and I know you sneak out of this house every night. That's not fine. Peter, you have to tell me what's going on. Just lay it out, it's just us three, though I'm sure Andi already knows what's going on with you by the look on her face."

Andi could sense Peter's emotions from where she stood beside him, and a glance his way revealed his eyes filling with tears. She'd never seen him so down before, but she understood exactly why he was in the state he was in.

"I lost the Stark Internship," Peter forced out.

"What?"

"Yeah."

"What happened?"

"I just thought that I could work really hard and he could—he would—you know, but I screwed it up," Peter answered and sat down.

Andi sighed and ran a hand through her hair. It hurt her to see Peter in such a state, and she wanted nothing more than to do something about it, but at the moment she couldn't.

"It's okay, it's okay," May comforted Peter.

"I'm sorry I made you worry," Peter apologized.

"You know I'm not trying to ruin your life?"

"I know."

"Just...I used to sneak out too."

"Yeah."