Bitter Capture

Everything was dark. The only light were from cracks in the ceiling and cracks from the side of the boat.
Mary Elanor Laurens saw water; ocean water, which told her she was at sea. The place she has always wanted to live on.

She didn't know how it happened, she was asleep for a few minutes, then a bit of struggling and now she was stuck on a boat. She was tied up and gaged, thrown into one of the dirtiest cell rooms with no idea of what was happening. Her clothes were ripped and her hair was messy. How long has she been there? A week probably.

She didn't starve to death, a man with short blonde hair came and left her food and water without the Captains consent. He was nice. He stuttered quite a bit and had soft sea colored eyes. Whenever she said thank you he'd just blush a bit and whisper a small prayer.

He hasn't come back since 2 days and Mary was starving. Footsteps alerted Mary and she sat up right, her arms still bared.

A tall man opened the door, he was extremely handsome in Mary's opinion. Curly black hair and black eyes that fit perfectly on his elegant yet strong face. He wore a magenta suit with part of the sleeve ripped off, a large pirate hat simbolizing his captainhood. Mary remembered him.

"You." She hissed.

The man smirked, "Yes it is I, your lord and savior, Thomas Jefferson, leave the applause for later, thank you."

"Why is it that you have me here? Where are you taking me?" She asked, her chest high, showing she wasn't afraid. Nor should she, this man couldn't hurt her, she thought. Oh how she was wrong.

"Because my dear, you are who The King fancies, and I was humble enough to sell you to him." He grinned a fake grin waving his arms a little he mentioning himself.

"Wha- why? Why has the king fancied me?" She stared at him before yelling, "Who the fuck is The King?!"

"Calm yourself, geez you're lucky I didn't cut out your lungs out. The King is the most richest pirate out there, well he isn't even a pirate, he's a sponsor really, but none of that matters. What matteres is that he's taken a liking to you and wants you for himself. "

"Tell him I'm flattered, but I'm not really interested." She spat. "You don't have to be, the King will take you either way, and I, leader of the White Pearl, will be rich."

"You're Thomas Jefferson right?" Mary asked. He nodded, "The one and only, my love."
"Aren't you the leader of the pinkie pirates?" She held back a laugh.
He growled angrily, "Thats it."

Thomas unlocked the cage door and grabbed Mary, hoisting her up by her shoulders. "Let me go you fucker." She tried to scratch and claw at him. He slapped her hard and yelled, "Shut up, you're coming with me."

Thomas led her forcefully to another room, he kissed her neck loundly before throwing her in, "Hope you enjoy you stay miss." He smiled as if he didn't just assault her personal space and forcefully moved her, before shutting the door.

Well shit.

Mary got up, at least she wasn't tied anymore. But she felt disgusted,  her captor just kissed her neck without asking and it made her feel weird.

"Don't worry you're not the only one." A rough voice came from farther inaide the room. Mary turned and realized she wasn't alone. Two women sat together holding each other close to warm themselves. It was really cold.

"Are you okay dear? Did he hurt you?" A woman in a blue dress came up to her and checked her face. She seemed like such a mother, deffinetly older than Mary. The other woman was definitely younger, 15? 16 maybe?

"I'm fine, ma'am. Mary Laurens." She curtsied, remembing her brother John teaching her how to greet older people.

The thought of John almost made Mary want to cry and scream, but she was stronger than that. She smiled at the older woman.

"Pleasure, I'm Elizabeth Schuyler." She curstied as well. Mary noticed a baby bump. Would Thomas be so cruel as to capture a pregnant woman? "And that's Sally Hemmings."

Sally smiled sweetly, getting up from the disgusting floor. "So what are you in for?" Taking an old blanket, placing it on Mary's shoulders. The gesture made Mary feel warm inside.

"Well according to Mr.Tree man, I am getting sold to the King, so thats- thats something." She chuckled, hoping it would lighten her spirits up a bit.

It didn't.

"Lucky, I'm stuck here until Jefferson dies, I'm his sex slave you see, every night he forces me to go with him and-" Sally couldn't finish, her body shaked as she tried to hold in a few tears. Eliza was next to her in a second. "There there my child, I swear to you we will get out and you'll come live with me in New York."
"Thank you, Eliza." Sally sniffed.

"Wait, Eliza? As in Eliza Hamilton?" She seemed to fit a description that she'd heard John rant about when he was angry at pirates. Which was everyday to be honest.

Eliza cringed.

"Not anymore, I am a Schuyler, not a Hamilton. My son will live as a Schuyler as well, he will never be a Hamilton. To hell with that man and his name."

Hamilton was a well known name, more so for belonging to Captain Alexander Hamilton, world's best, fearless, strong, yadayadayada other cool stuff, pirate.

"Oh." Was all Mary could respond with. Why on earth was she so bitter?

"And you're here because?" Mary questioned.

"My idiot ex-husband has a rivalry with Thomas, so for revenge Thomas kidnapped me to get back at him. Its not like Alexander cares for me, he's probably celebrating my disparture from his crew." She sounded sour, holding her baby bump.

"I saw the way he looked at other woman, this slut named Maria Reynolds always catches his eye, he refuses to make her walk the plank- or whatever pirates do these days- saying she was a strong fighter. Not to mention my sister Angelica, she likes him, I see it in her. And he likes her too. Not to mention his constant flirting with his second in command. A man cannot love another man, it says so in the bible." She humphed.

And to thinks Mary started to like her. Sally looked uncomfortable, like she was hiding something. Again, Mary painfully thought of John, who was a homosexual. She was the only person who knew and she supported her brother fully.

"Has you're husband ever cheated?" She decided to ask.

"Well- er- um- no, not exactly. He ACTS like he loves me, I can tell he does not." She crossed her arm as if to say that was final.

Mary shrugged and nodded, "Whatever you say ma'am."

That night was slept with the awkward silence of the three women huddling together for warmth.

~•~•~•~

A/n: My friend, Vegas, bought me my first Hamilton related thing, because he knows I love Hamilton. Check it -

I'm really happy, this was hand-made apparently by a guy at Vidcon

I'm really happy, this was hand-made apparently by a guy at Vidcon. (It's a pin)it looks and feels amazing!!