chapter thirty eight: hero.

Start from the beginning

"wow, really? uh, i was not expecting you to be so chill about it," i shook my head in disbelief.

"yeah, well, my singing already has its own channel pretty much, so i don't mind anymore really." she laughed.

i hopped up and kissed her cheek, then i walked away.

"hey, what the hell? that's all i get?" i heard her call in frustration from the room i just left.

"yep!"

•••

*stephanie's pov*

"throw on some warm clothes everybody, we're going exploring!" colby shouted from downstairs. of course, we all did as he said.
anything for content, you know?

i pulled on the new brennen sweatshirt that he gave me the other day, swiped my black neff beanie, and slipped in my vans, and out the door i went.

"where to, mr.?" i asked colby as i met him at the front door.

"it's a surprise!" he pushed me out the front door and i met up with the rest of the roommates by the cars.

"i wanna climb some shit and stuff," corey jumped around giddily.

"i will join you, my friend!" i grabbed his hands and we started spinning in a circle and screaming like little girls.

"why am i dating a psychopath?" devyn and colby both said in unison, then laughed at each other for thinking so similarly.

"okay, let's go! i need some more excitement in my life!" i started clapping at everyone and forcing them to get a move on. we all spread out between corey and colby's car and hit the road, an unknown adventure awaiting our arrival.

•••

"really? wendy's?" i groaned as we pulled into the creepy red-haired logo's parking lot.

"listen, we gotta fill up before we go exploring. and i need me some nugs, so don't complain," sam argued.

"hey, buddy, cool it!" i raised my arms in surrender, chucking softly.

we passed through the glass doors into the empty restaurant, and i saw a dark figure in the shape of a man pass behind us, but i passed it off. people walk around here all the time.

we all hustled into line like excited teenagers and placed our orders. i got a spicy chicken sandwich. have you ever had those ones? oh my god, it's like an orgasm wrapped in hamburger paper.

everyone walked off to find a booth that would fit us all, and i stood by the counter and waited for the trays, because i'm the responsible one. being responsible sucks.
after a few minutes of waiting, a pretty blonde-haired worker came over with the trays and handed them to me with an endearing smile.

"thank you so much!" i said gratefully.

"no problem. enjoy!" she smiled again.

i made my way back to my friends, who were all engaged in conversation.

"food's here, don't knock me over," i laughed, siding the trays into the middle of the table. they all rushed to grab their orders, clashing limbs along the way.

"i'm gonna go to the bathroom, alright? be back in a second," i let colby know as i touched his shoulder.

"okay, hurry up! i'll save your food, but i don't know how long i'll be able to." he grinned.

i headed away from the seating area and walked into the little hallway leading to the bathrooms. i heard light footsteps behind me, and i thought it was devyn, so i turned around-