Chapter Twenty- six

Depuis le début

"That can be arranged." Kent tightened his grip. Then looked back down to me.
"And I thought I heard something!" He exclaimed, going back to the topic. "How'd you do with the thing?" He pointed in the direction of the portal, then rubbed his chin.

Him asking that made Dash quickly turn his attention to me, at the realization that I had to go through that first to get here.

"Still was thrown out, but a tree broke my fall." I rolled my eyes, looking away.

I was suddenly brought up to Dash while he looked me over. "Are you hurt?"

"Well it didn't feel good, but I'm fine." I held my hand up to signal that I was fine, until he grabbed my arm in between his thumb and pointer finger. When he caught sight of a bruise peeking out of my sleeve. He rolled up the sleeve.

"Oh God.." He looked to my other arm, seeing a few decent sized bruises up and down my arms from when I tried to catch myself falling down the tree, and one from when I fell down the stairs, trying to follow them.

"Dear Gosh, Mavis.." Kent looked over at me, seeing what I had gotten from my stupid antics.
I had a mini back flash of when I fell down the tree, then remembered what took most of the blow. I looked down, grabbing the end of my shirt and barely pulling it up just enough to see my stomach, no higher. A large bruise already began forming from when I smacked into the last branch.

"Dang, child. You always find a way to get new cuts or bruises. You are like a bruise magnet." Kent continued on ahead, keeping control of the cannibal.

"Alright, I'll attend to you when we get home." Dash reached into his pocket, pulling out a small remote like thing with one button in the dead center of it. He clicked it, then stowed it back away where it originally was.

"What's that?" I asked a little quieter than I was intending.

He pulled it back out, flipping it over and back. He held it up so I could better see it. It was probably as big as if it stood straight up, it would come up to my stomach. "It's what I use to call in people who comes to collect these guys."

"How does it work?"

"It puts out a signal to the HQ, if that would be a better word to call it, when they get it, it just means that I need someone. It puts out my location as well so they come to me and take them away." We finally reached the light pole, since Kent was holding back the cannibal, Dash went up to push the button. He clicked it, a second or two later, it opened. How is this going to work, is Kent really going to be able to keep a grip and have control over him while they go through this thing? Since I experienced this thing, to me it sounds like it would be impossible.

"Here you go." He brought me up to his chest. I was inattentive for that moment, so at first I didn't know what he wanted until I saw I was leveled with his chest pocket. I pulled myself up, climbing into his pocket, falling in.
I felt him walk up to our destination. I sat at the bottom of his pocket this time, grabbing handfuls of what surrounded me. Here we go again, I rolled my eyes. I felt the sudden intensity of him entering the gateway.  It about took my breath away this time, I tightened my grip onto the fabrics of his jacket's pocket to help secure me.

He grounded on the other end, then I heard a harsher landing.
I pulled myself up to see what happened.

"Are you really trying me?" Kent narrowed his eyes, pinning the cannibal onto the ground with his knee on his back.

"Alright, alright!" The cannibal groaned, sounding annoyed.

"Dash." Another voice said, a deep male's voice.