➑ Huit - Wonderful World of Sugar & Fur

Start from the beginning

Following her orders, I too wondered just how much of a mess I was. I approached the vanity mirror, the blonde girl hurriedly took a step back to allow me a view, and I finally saw the wonder of it all....  I had tuffs of fur stuck to my dress as well as my hair, mounts of mothballs hanging in all sorts of places, and just to add a cherry on top there were tears all up and down my grey stockings. All in all, I was a hilarious mess, and one could easily assume I was attacked by a rabid dog. "You didn't go through our little maze of dastardly robes, did you?" Madam Malkin questioned, picking up one of the corners at the end of my dress for inspection.

"Pins and pricks at every station, dear! It's a good thing none of them got to that pretty face of yours, hmm? Now that'd be disastrous, scarring such a face at such an age!" she fussed about, tucking things back into its place.  

She'd started to mutter under her breath as she began fixing up my dress, her other enchanted tools helping her as she went. Undoubtedly, I was very grateful.

The blonde girl was still staring at me, surely, a bit taken back at my appearance. I shrugged, and smiled sheepishly at her, "Anymore fur on me and you could say I've gone into a furrenzy"  

Admittedly, that was one of the worst icebreakers in the history of icebreakers, and I should be banned from public speaking.

***

I walked in the ice cream parlor, which just so happened to be across from Madam Malkins robes store so I didn't have to venture far after I was done over there.

I'd gotten my robes all sorted, and even made an unlikely friend in the blonde who was also getting her robes done prior to me disrupting her session with Madam Malkin.

Her name was Susana Malfoy and she was also starting out in Hogwarts this year. We ended up getting measured together, and Madam Malkin assured us it was no problem at all. Susana told me she enjoyed having the company considering she'd been struggling to hold herself together on her own, and it was nice to meet someone who'd be joining her first year experience as well.

 We ended up chatting and giggling throughout the entire thing, and during our chat she even spoke of her family and how they were a long proud line of Slytherins, and that, she too, hopes to continue the family tradition. Nym had told me about the Slytherin house, and I was worried she wouldn't make the cut, as she didn't seem to have the typical attributes (I was told) a Slytherin possessed. The Slytherin house valued ambition, cunningness, and resourcefulness. I found Susanna to be timid, a tad bit naive, and quite frankly, nice, and didn't seem like the cunning ambitious type who'd stab a friend in the back for the "grand prize" at all.

Then again, where there is light, there is dark, and I had just met the girl so I was no Susanna Malfoy expert just yet.

The ice cream parlor was brightly lit and smelt of all things sweet and sugary. The furniture was colorful and the store held a playful atmosphere with its brightly tiled walls and pink striped uniforms. As soon as I entered I was greeted with friendly smiles and offers for their special limited time ice cream flavor- this months special flavor was marmaduke licorice spice, which looked as strange as it sounded.