Chapter Forty Four

Začít od začátku

"I..." She stuttered and ran out.

Ahmad wanted to follow her but his subconscious stopped him,maybe he's indeed a jerk,he's been stupid for years,letting his mother ruin his marriage and staying locked up at home while they seperate him from his wife is also pure stupidity.He made up his mind to go and meet Safaa,if he doesn't see or talk to her he might really go insane.

He walked out of the house carefully not wanting to meet the pest that has been bugging his life.The drive to Alhaji Abubakar's house is of a short distance,so within minutes Ahmad reached the house.He didn't even park his car inside the house,after parking he started with his grandparent's apartment which is opposite to his uncle's residence.

He found their grandfather on the porch and sauntered to him weakly.

"A'ahh haba Ahmadu,don't tell me you're this lean just because Safaa is away from you,ka bada maza gaskiya " His grandfather teased him making him smile lightly.

The old man had no idea that joke was a sick one,the emotional turmoil bothering Ahmad cannot let him laugh like old times and his grandpapa did choose a wrong topic.

His separation with Safaa.

Clearing his throat,Ahmad greeted the old man.

"Ina yini?"

They had a chit chat for a while and it disturbed Ahmad because his grandfather did not even mention the fight,the old man avoided the topic.

What if the he's also against her going back to his house? Ahmad thought before telling him he'd go inside the house and greet Inna.

"Ahmadu your wife just left an hour ago,hala bakuyi waya ba ko?" Inna asked him when they finished exchanging pleasantries.

"Her phone has been switched off for days now" He answered painfully tears brewing his eyes.

"Kai haba Ahmadu,sai kace ba namiji ba? Safaa tamin kuka kai ma kamin?" Inna sniffed wiping her tears with the hem of her veil.

She hates seeing her favorite grandchildren heartbroken.

"Inna they are really not letting her go back right" He asked.

"Ahmadu I don't know,your parents are still angry,I have never seen Habu that angry and your grandfather is saying he won't interfere,I'll advice you to pray,tell Allah your problems and to be honest Hajiya Turai did make Safaa go through hell and the unfortunate thing is you were also blaming her almost all the time"

"I know I was wrong Inna,I misused Safaa's patience,I never thought...Ya Allah if Safaa doesn't come back to me I will never forgive Mama" He clenched his fist

"No don't say that,if she doesn't come back to you,then that's how it's destined to be,You know what?" She stopped to catch her breath.

"If they'll allow Safaa to make a decision,she will choose going back to you even if your mother will keep maltreating her Ahmadu,she loves you that much"

"I love her more Inna,Inna they won't let me meet her right?"

"Rasar kunya" Inna chortled.

"I want to see her please" He begged her like a little boy.

"I don't know Ahmadu am,I think it will be safe if she comes here,Go and bring my phone from my room I'll call her mother and tell her to send her right now"

He became alert upon hearing what she said.

"Mama kuma? Inna you won't tell her the reason why you want Safaa to come right? She'll stop her from coming"