Chapter Twelfth: An Uneasy Conscious

()

Ever since Stefan and I left with Klaus he's been going back to feeding on humans. only this time, he doesn't have his humanity turned off so he still feels every bit of guilt and pain. I tired comforting him but it's kinda hard do do when he blocks me out. Speaking of comfort,I wish I could be there for Jeremy since he texted me a few days ago that he's been seeing the ghosts of Annabelle and Vikky. I just wished that klaus could let me go back but i'm still not sure why he's hunting werewolves however i have a bad feeling about it. vita hurry up! coming! i called back quietly as i ran to catch up i followed them to the mountains where we now arrived to a giant camping site. klaus had stefan put down ray as the other werewolves got scared and called him "the hybrid" how do they know that? i asked curiously as klaus answered. they should know who their master is, love." "Oh." I said as stefan rolled his eyes in annoyance I just sighed sadly until he started to attack them killing them I quickly ran away afraid of what would happened if I stayed.              

                                                                               Klaus's POV

I shook my head in disapproval as I watched miss Vicario leave I then told stefan, stay here and watch over my hybrids, i'll be right back but before i could leave he stopped me saying, "Look, I don't care what you do with me but leave Vita out of it." Why should i? i challenged as he stepped forward telling me angrily, because she wasn't part of our deal and she only left since he hates violence and bloodshed. I was a bit shocked at his tone however i decided not to do anything since it reminded me a bit of who he used to be..

Chicago, 1920's

I was feeding with Stefan and Rebecka as miss Vicario sat a bit away. I was surprised she that didn't eat so I offered her, "Miss Vicario, would you like some? "O-Oh no thank you. She said as I frowned then asked again, "Are you sure? The best way is to eat them warm." She then made a noise before saying, "I'm g-good. Thank you, again." I was now angry, I speed towards her, Are you mocking me?" I asked now lifting her off the ground suddenly Stefan approach me with a look of complete rage upon his face, "Put her down and go back to your meal." I was surprised at the quick attitude change but I could understand his care for her, plus I should calm Rebekka down before she kills her. I now looked up to see her hugging him and her crying. 

I was quickly snapped out of memories only to realize that my hybrids failed to survive again, angry I started to question my method as Stefan went after some of the failed hybrids.

                                                                                     Vita's POV

As I cried I suddenly heard people talking, I gasped with horror that they were probably going to be killed by my brother or worst Klaus. I quickly made my way to warn them only to see Elena and Ric. "Oh no." I muttered before running towards them, Ric was about to shoot me when something tackled me down it was one of the hybrids I screamed as she snapped at me I tried to push her off but she was stronger than me I thought it was too late when she was suddenly lifted from my body I looked up only to see Damon looking at me with worry, "Are you okay?" "I'm fine." I stuttered out as he helped me up, "What are guys doing here?" I asked with fear as he answered, "Well besides saving you, I suppose also we're after Stefan." I frowned telling him, "Damon, I know you're going to deny whatever reason you're really here but please stop. You're only going to hurt people in the process." "Isn't that's what Stefan's doing?" He asked with a scoff as I frowned telling him, "Stefan still has his humanity, Damon. He still feels pain and it's getting harder and harder to talk to him." "Why are you telling me this?" He asked as I sighed, "I'm just warning you that things may not always be as they seem." I suddenly heard my name being called, "I have to go. I told him sadly then quickly hugged him sadly before adding, I love you, Damon." "I love you too, deIce Angela." I was surprised, "You haven't called me that in forever." I whispered as he smiled a bit, "I know." I hugged him tighter then ran off to find Klaus but he was screaming at the moon I gasped at the bodies surrounding him. after giving Stefan his blood then told us, "We're leaving." I shyly asked him, "Um, what do we do you the werewolves?" "Leave them." He spoke as Stefan guided me towards the car.