Chapter Four: A Burst of Pain

(Vita's new necklace)

That morning  woke up early but I was in a bed that wasn't mine I suddenly remembered last night I made my way downstairs to see that he was gone however he left a note, I apologized that I left but I had a meeting to attend to. The refrigerator is stock with food in case you're feeling peckish. I now felt my stomach growl, I smiled a bit so I went into the kitchen to see what was in the refrigerator however I almost passed out only to see blood in it. I quickly shut it then wrote him a note thanking him for letting me stay the night then left. I went to the grill for breakfast however after breakfast I saw a group of people, werewolves, kidnapping Caroline. "Caroline!" I yelled her name out while racing towards her however I was too late, I felt my heart stop. I quickly started looking for the only werewolf I knew, Jules. I found her walking around, "Jules, please some werewolves kidnapped my friend you have to help me!" I begged as she glared telling me, "I know. I ordered them to." "Why?" "Because your family killed Mason!" I started tearing up, "I'm so sorry. I tried to stop him but he paralyzed me." I now could feel tears falling down my face as she said, "You really did care him, didn't you?" "Of course. I told her suddenly she asked, "Do your brothers care for you?" "Yes, why?" I was now knocked out. When I awoke I saw I was in a cage with Caroline, "Caroline!" She was injured with stake bullets in her body, "Vita, you're okay?" "I'm fine. What about you!?" "It hurts." She told me with a pain look. My eyes widen in worry and fear as someone approach us, "Caroline, get behind me." I told her as she started to refuse but I told her, "Just trust me." Luckily it just Tyler but he was angry and hurt at his uncle's death. Caroline begged him to set us free but he was conflicted, "Please Tyler, do what's right." I begged him he then freed us but Caroline was hurt and mad so I spoke to him, "I'm sorry about your uncle, Tyler." He just frowned then Jules walked over to me, "I don't know why Mason liked you but he asked me to get this for you. She now handed me a beautiful necklace with a wolf on it. "Wow." I told her amazed she smiled while telling me, "I'm glad you like it. He even had a witch spell it to protect you." I now started to cry, Once I was done I went to grill to get something to eat. There I found Mr. Saltzman drinking, I smiled a bit when I told him, "I don't think teachers should drink." He tensed up a bit but relaxed when he saw it was me, "Well, i'm not drinking on the job am I?" "I guess not. I said then took a seat next to him as he asked, "So what brings you here?" "Dinner. That and I kinda don't want to go home." I told him embarrassed as he asked, "Why not?" "Damon." "What did he do?" He asked upset as I told him, "He um-he kind of killed my boyfriend a while back but i'm still grieving." "I'm sorry, Vita." He told me while putting a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay, I mean I don't know! I said starting to cry as Mr. Saltzman told me, "Shh, it's going to be okay. You want to just sleep at my place?" "If you don't mind." I told him shyly as he smiled, "Not at all. Besides we all could use a break from Damon from time to time." I laughed a bit as he led me to his car.