four

"They are what you make of them."

A sigh escapes his lips before the scenery before him changes. Bella is sitting in front of her window her brown eyes lifeless and her skin pale.

"Is this because Edward left?"

"Yes, the mate bond is strong. It is painful for him but unbearable for Isabella."

"Why are you showing me this? What am I supposed to do?"

"In order to save your kind, you must save her. You are both the key to the prophecy."

"You keep speaking about this propechy, what exactly am I supposed to do to save our kinds?"

"She will birth the chosen one."

"Declan?"

Entering the spare bedroom Jacob frowns upon seeing his friend having a fitful sleep.

"Declan." He calls out reaching out to touch the teens shoulder. "It's time to get up man."

Declan sits up quickly his eyes wide and his heart pumping loudly in his ears. "Hey, you okay?"

Clearing his throat he nods. "Yes, I'm fine."

"Bad dream?"

"Kind of."

"Want to talk about it?"

"Not really."

"Okay. My dad cooked breakfast if you want some and then I'm going to see Bella if you want to tag along."

Declan looks to Jacob his eyes wide.

"Tag along? Jacob I was dead for six months."

"And you've been back for two months now and I think we should starts letting people know that you are alive. I think it would help her."

"What am I supposed to say to her? I'm sorry my brother you but I'm here if you need me, Jacob I can't even control my abilities."

"But you can control your shifting, Declan you will be fine."

"What if someone sees me?"

"No one knows that you died, they all think that you left with your family."

Declan sighs. "Okay, but I think we should ease Isabella into the news of my resurrection."

"Declan?"

Stepping into the home of Charlie Swan Declan nods sheepishly his cheeks tinting red as he places his hands in the pocket of his leather jacket.

"Hey Mr. Swan."

"When did you get back son?"

"Two months ago."

"Is the rest of your family with you?"

"No, it's just me. I came back so I could finish school here."

"What about Edward? Is he coming back?"

"No, I'm sorry Mr. Swan."

"It's fine Declan, it's just...Bells she's different now that he's gone."

"Well, I'm glad you're back."

"It's good to be back Mr. Swan."

"Call me Charlie."

Nodding the caramel haired teen glanced to Jacob who was watching the interaction. "We're just going to visit Bella, Charlie."

"She's in her room."

Ascending the stairs Jacob pauses at the entrance of Bella's room. "She probably won't respond Dec."

"Is she that bad?"

"Yeah."

Entering the room Declan and Jacob fall silent, looking to the pale teen they share a look of concern.

Taking a step forward Declan clears his throat. "Isabella."

Looking up from her gaze from the window Bella blinks her eyes lifeless.

"Declan?"

Wincing at her hoarse tome Declan nods his lips quirking into a smile.

"Hey Bella."

Standing she shoots into his arms, stumbling back at the unexpected force Declan steadied himself wrapping his arms around the brunette.

"I missed you so much."

"I missed you too."

Tears begin to soak his shirt as he comforts her. "He- he l-left."

"Shh, I know. It's okay."

"He- s-said he didn't love me."

"He left to protect you Isabella, your his soulmate it's impossible for him not to love you."

"Then why did he leave?"

"He thought that it was best for you and your father's safety. My brother may be over one hundred years old but he is eternally stuck in the body and mind set of a seventeen year old boy. He doesn't always thunk things through, he acts on his emotions."

"Is everyone else back too?"

Sighing at the hopeful expression on her face Declan shakes his head. "No, it's just me. I'm sorry."

"How are you alive? We buried you."

Wincing at the statement he sighs. "I know, I was ressurected by something or someone, we don't know."

"Ressurected?"

"Yes."

She looks at him for a moment before turning to Jacob. "Does anyone else know?"

"No, just me, Sam and my dad."

"How long have you been...back?"

"Two months."

She narrows her eyes at them for a moment her fist balling tightly. "Two months?!"

Sorry this chapter is kind of crappy, writers block for this story has hit me hard.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful winter break.