Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Annie Pov.

(Three years after Reunited)

I hold my new born daughter in my arms for the first time.

"What's her name?" Ms. Everdeen asks, like she did with Finn.

"Finnick and I decided to call her, Maggie." I tell her.

"Or Mags for short," Finnick says and we smile.

I look at her in complete happiness. She's so perfect to me.

Ms. Everdeen smiles and says, "I'll be right back."

"Want to hold her?" I ask Finnick.

His face lights up, and he holds her. After a few minutes, I decide that we should have Finn come see his sister.

"Finnick, why don't you go get Finn?" I ask.

"Yea," he hands her back to me. He gives me a kiss on the forehead, "I'll be right back."

A minute later, he shows up with Finn who looks just like Finnick when he was the same age. I've never seen a child look so similar to one of his parents.

"Hi, sweetie." I say softly.

"Hi Mom." he smiles, "Can I hold her?"

"Sure, sit down and Dad will pass her to you." I tell him, he sits in one of the chairs.

I put her in Finnick's arms. Finnick gently puts her in Finn's arms.

"Make sure you hold up her head, okay?" Finnick tells him.

"Okay." he looks so excited to be holding her. He holds her like he's done it before. "Hi, Maggie."

Finnick sits next to me on the bed, we smile at them.

"Does she have a nickname?" Finn asks.

"Yea, Mags." I tell him.

"Like Grandma Mags?" he asks.

"Yea, like Grandma Mags." I tell him.

We took him to go see Mags when he was ten years old. We tell him that she was like a mom to us and Kim, Xavier, and Nixon. He calls her Grandma Mags.

Finn continues to stare at her.

"Your arms getting tired at all?" Finnick asks.

"No, she's not heavy at all." Finn tells him, just like Finnick, Finn is strong for his age. "If you want to hold her again though, you can."

"No, that's okay. Just making sure. I don't want your arms to fall asleep." Finnick tells him.

I remember this happening with Finn every time he fell asleep in our arms. But he still looks like he's fine holding her. Five minutes goes by and he continues to hold her without a word. Unless he's talking to her.

"Okay, my turn." Finnick says and I laugh a little.

"Fine." Finn agrees sadly. He wouldn't admit it if I asked, but I think his arms were a little sore.

Finnick takes Maggie back. He rocks her back and forth, keeping her asleep.

"Annie, if you want you can take a nap. I got her, and I'll watch Finn." Finnick tells me.

I feel myself dozing off, and I need to rest. So I say, "Okay, just let me know if you need help with them."

"Good night, Sugar-cube." Finnick whispers and gives me a quick kiss.

"Good night." I fall asleep right away.