( xv. ) bonus chapter

this will take place when finn first meets aria, saying what happened that night, considering i never wrote that in a chapter.

"Dude, I just met this pretty cool girl. You should come meet her too," Wyatt offered to his significantly small group of friends, who simply shrugged their shoulders in response.

A smirk grew on Wyatt's face as he thought of ways to get into her room without knocking on the door. "A ladder."

"What?" Finn's eyes widened as he thought about his tremendous fear of ladders. He knew it was irrational, but the thought of only being supported by thin metal terrified him. "What the hell would we use a ladder for?"

"As a bridge. To get to her room," Wyatt stated nonchalantly, motioning out the window. Jack smiled at the plan as Finn sat down, horrified.

"We're gonna die."

"We won't die, Finn. We'll be fine," Jack rolled his eyes, leaning on the bed next to him.

After Wyatt was done setting up his monstrous bridge, the boys started to climb. Finn reluctantly followed, intrigued to meet this 'cool girl'.

"Hello?" a small voice calls from inside the room, standing from her bed.

Wyatt then pops into the room as Jack and Finn carefully peer their heads over the side of the window, Finn clutching onto Jack for dear life. The three boys are greeted with a brunette girl, eyebrows raised and hands up in surrender.

She then furrowed her eyebrows, recognizing Wyatt and his curly hair and she put her hands down. "Hey Aria. Mind if we join you?"

"We?" The girl asks, leaning against her bedroom wall.

"Yeah, my friends Jack, Finn and I." Wyatt replies, climbing into her room without waiting for her response.

The girl reaches her head over the window as Finn and Jack were attempting to climb back into Wyatt's room, scared she wouldn't want them joining her. When Finn noticed that she was looking, he pretended to be climbing toward her instead.

"Oh yeah, come on in." The girl says, sarcasm lacing her voice.

Wyatt laughs, shaking his head. "Oh come on, you love me!"

"We just met today, doofus." She rolled her eyes in response.

"Sometimes it only takes one look to fall in love." Finn inputs, attempting to make a sly remark. "I'm Finn. Wolfhard."

"Uh, hi. I'm Aria." The girl awkwardly nods, acknowledging the tall boy entering her bedroom.

"Aria! Pretty girl?" Jack screams, jumping into her room, catching himself before he falls to his death. "It's you! From... every class!"

"What happened to Mr Coolness?" The girl joked.

"Jack? Cool? I don't think so." Finn furrowed his eyebrows, letting out a short laugh afterward.

"He acted as if he was the coolest guy ever during school," Aria raised her eyebrows at Jack accusingly.

"Hey! It's not my fault I come off that way to the ladies." Jack raises his hands in surrender, shaking his head.

"Jack, just, shut up." Aria sighed, sitting on her bed and motioning for the boys to take a seat anywhere in her room.

Jack took the liberty of sitting on her lap, pretending he was a kid asking for a present from Santa. Aria shook her head, muttering something under her breath and pushing Jack off of her, resulting in him face-planting into the ground.

"Ow." Jack muttered, making Finn laugh in response at the pair's actions. He sent a look of thankfulness over to Wyatt, knowing he needed new friends before he killed the ones he already had.

"What was your huge plan, Wy guy?" Aria asked, twiddling her thumbs on her lap. "I mean, you come to my house, having barely known me, I'm assuming you have a plan."

"Not exactly." Wyatt states, smiling at the brunette girl. "Just wanted to hang out, we were bored."

"Alright.." Aria dragged on, "so what shall we do?"

"It's your house. You tell me," Wyatt replied, not knowing what there was to do in her house.

"I mean, I have a sister. Maybe we can play with her." Aria joked, "or maybe we could get to know each other since we're strangers and.. stranger danger!"

"How about we get your sister in here and then get to know each other, so we all can at once," Finn offered, leaning his head on his hand.

Aria nodded, walking out of her room for a moment. She returned a minute later with a blonde girl, shutting the door behind them.

"People, this is Natalie. Natalie, this is Wyatt, Jack, and Finn." Aria pointed to each boy as she spoke, introducing them to each other.

Natalie awkwardly smiled at them, including a short wave and a quiet, "hello."

"We're gonna play a huge round of twenty-one questions." Aria announced, dragging her sister to sit next to her on the bed.

Once everyone had agreed and settled, they decided to start asking the questions, everyone getting twenty-one questions to spend on anyone they wanted to. "Okay, Natalie, how old are you?" Wyatt asked.

"I'm seventeen. My birthday is May fourteenth." Natalie replied, smiling at Wyatt — which he returned.

"Jack, why are you so short?" Natalie asked the small boy, resulting in him frowning.

"I don't know."

"Finn, how tall are you?" Aria asked, furrowing her eyebrows at his long legs.

"Tall." He replied, a short laugh escaping past his lips as he stood up, stretching his legs.

•••

"Before we leave, I want everybody to state their honest opinion on everybody else in this room. Finn, you start." Wyatt says, attempting to guide everybody into a friendship.

"Wyatt, you're a stupid noodle head. Jack, you're insane but I love you. Natalie, you're pretty cool and funny. Aria, you're cool, and pretty cute." Finn states, face turning red from embarrassment after the last bit escaped his lips.