( xii. ) stay the night

He fell to the ground, covering his face as he cried into his hands. You could hear his sobs over the rain, and it made her heart break. She wanted to help him, but she didn't know how, so she did the only thing she could think of—she let him in.

She carefully wrapped one of his arms around her shoulders, helping his weak and fragile body stand and make its way to the couch. He fell with a groan, leaning his head on the back of the comfortable furniture.

His hair was soaked with cold rain, making him shiver. The bruises on his body ached, and the cuts stung. Blood dripped down his soft face, making Aria frown in complete and utter sadness. Who would have done this to him?

His head was pounding, resulting in him groaning once more. He reached his good arm up to his forehead, slightly rubbing in the spots that weren't bruised. As for his 'bad arm' — it was broken. He could feel it, and any doctor could tell him that. It had been snapped, almost in half.

His entire body was in some sort of pain, and he let out short cries of misery, causing Aria to be even sadder than before.

"Finn, what do you want me to do?" Aria asked, wide-eyed and terrified.

Finn attempted to shrug, but nothing other than pure pain could radiate from his body. "I-I don't know."

"What happened?" She asked softly, knowing he may not want to answer. She knelt down in front of him, slowly reaching her hand out to touch the soft — and hurt — cheek of the boy she loved.

Finn shook his head, screwing his eyes shut at the pain engulfing him. "Not now."

Aria nodded, knowing he couldn't see her, "okay, I-I understand that. Tell me, Finn — how do I help you?"

Finn weakly pointed toward the blood, motioning that he just wanted her to wash it away, hoping it could help stop any sort of infection from happening.

She smiled in response, glad she could be of any sort of help to the boy. She knew he had hurt her, but she also knew that there were more important things than that at the moment. Someone had hurt him. Physically, mentally, emotionally, all of the above.

She stood up, walking toward the sink and grabbing a paper towel, slowly covering it with warm water, and then wringing it out. She made sure it wasn't dripping before carefully walking back to the hurt boy on her couch. "This is gonna hurt," she muttered, making Finn let out a light laugh, for she knew he was already in more pain than imaginable. She slowly pressed the paper towel to his lip, wiping away the blood and slowly tracing her thumb along the cut on his lip, sending a tingling sensation soar over his dark pink lips. He winced in pain, tightly grasping onto her free hand and she squeezed his in response, continuing to wipe away any dripping blood.

"All cleaned up," she muttered once she was done. She disregarded of the towel before looking down at the boy's arm, realizing it didn't exactly look right. "Oh my god, Finn. Your arm-it's broken. We're going to the hospital — now. It's five minutes from here, think you can walk?"

Without any words, Finn took the keys out from his pocket, gesturing to the fact he had brought his car.

They made their way to the hospital to learn that his arm was indeed broken, and for now he wore a splint. They returned back at the Martin household around 2:30 in the morning, resulting in Aria yawning when she noticed the time.

"Do you-do you want to stay the night?" Aria asked, leading him back into her home.

"I thought you hated me," Finn muttered, cautiously looking down at his bruised hands, one of them slightly covered by a black splint. He didn't like the thought of her hating him, although he hated himself, so he could understand if she did. Dread filled him as he realized that it was wrong of him to even be in her home in the first place. He had ruined everything, why should he get the chance to be in her house — or stay for the night for that matter?

"Finn, I could never hate you." Aria shook her head, lightly placing her hand on the boy's cheek. "What I said the other night was true, even though I know what you said wasn't true. I stand by what I said, and that won't change anything. Now get the fuck upstairs and do what you need to do before you go to bed."

He didn't deserve her, and he knew that. She was too good — too good for him. She was everything anyone could ever want in a girlfriend, or best friend, and he was a dick — she had said it herself. He would probably eventually turn out like his father, letting his pain and suffering get to him as he inflicted pain on others. He had already done it once, to the person he loved more than anything.

He slowly followed the girl upstairs, knowing that if he didn't then he'd just hurt her even more. They reached her bedroom, and he suddenly remembered the first time he had been in there. It felt like years ago, but in reality it had only been a few months.

"Wyatt has some clothes here if you want to borrow some," Aria offered, motioning to a basket of various hoodies and sweatpants.

Finn shook his head, not wanting to piss the other boy off anymore, and also not wanting to be any bigger of a burden. "No, thanks."

"Oh, it's no problem. It's the least I could do, y'know. You're soaking wet from the rain and in loads of pain, I just want to make you feel welcome," she shrugged, understanding that Finn regretted everything — she knew it just by the look in his eyes.

The lights were shut off and the teenagers were in bed, a few inches away from each other. It had been about an hour since they attempted to go to sleep, but neither could get any rest — the love of their life was next to them.

"Aria?" Finn whispered, wondering if the girl was as wide awake as he was.

"Yeah?" She hummed, facing the boy.

"It was true."

"What?" She replied, confusion taking over her expression.

"What I said that night. It was true."