( vi. ) chase. reynolds

"Wait, so you've never been on a date before?" Jack asked the girl in front of him, completely dumbfounded.

Aria just shook her head, adding a small shrug. "I didn't think it was that big of a deal."

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" Jack started, "Or girlfriend, I mean however you roll."

"I'm straight Jack, but no, I have never had a boyfriend or girlfriend." The girl replied, crossing her arms in boredom.

"That just made me realize how little we know about each other," Wyatt smirked. "Truth or dare, anyone?"

"I'm in." Jaeden agreed, setting his glass of water onto the coffee table. Everyone else quickly joined, circling around the small table.

"Alright, who starts?" Finn asked, attempting to hide the fact he was more hungover than ever.

"Aria." Wyatt offered, "truth or dare?"

"Uh, dare?" Aria answered, her reply coming out as more of a question than anything else.

"I dare you to ask a random guy out." Wyatt challenged her, wondering who she would ask.

"A random guy?" She repeated, letting the words sink in.

Wyatt hummed in response, slightly nodding his head. "Someone off the street."

"Off the street?" Finn grimaced, knowing what kind of guys lurked the streets at night.

"Yeah, what he said." Aria muttered, beckoning towards the dark haired boy behind her.

Wyatt shook his head and laughed, "Yes, off the street. Let's go."

"Uh, okay." The girl shrugged, following the boys out the front door.

All five teenagers stumbled out of the door, glancing around the dark exterior. "There's one." Jack motioned towards an old-looking man.

"Jack, I'm 17." Aria rolled her eyes, searching for someone near her age.

"Ooh, over there." Wyatt discretely-but-not-so-discretely pointed at a teenage boy that looked around our age. "He goes to our school too."

Aria nodded, deciding that she might as well get the dare over with sooner rather than later. She hesitantly walk towards the blonde haired boy, sucking in a deep breath. When the girl reach the boy, he looked up at her — eyebrows raised.

"Um, hello. I'm Aria Martin," She reached her hand out, and he hesitantly shook it.

"I'm Chase. Reynolds." He flattened his lips, wondering why a girl was standing in front of him.

"Okay, well, I thought you were cute, and I was wondering if I could get your number?" Aria half-lied, half-didn't, because the initial reason she spoke to him wasn't because she thought he was cute, but she did indeed believe he was attractive.

The boy's eyes widened in a slight shock, slowly letting her words sink in. "Oh," he hesitantly nodded his head, "yeah, I mean, sure."

"Great! Well, um, also, if you'd like, and you're not busy, you can come hang out with my friends and I." Aria invited him, not wanting to be rude.

The boy once again was in shock, still wondering why on Earth a girl he didn't even know was asking him to hang out. "Sure, I guess. Yeah."

Aria nodded in response, beckoning him towards her new-ish friends. "Guys, this is Chase. Chase, this is Finn, Jaeden, Wyatt and Jack."

Finn furrowed his eyebrows, completely confused as to why this boy was with them right now.

"Nice to meet you," Jaeden smiled, shaking his hand. Chase returned the smile and greeting, politely being invited inside.

"So, when I dared you to get a date with him, I didn't mean now." Wyatt joked, not thinking about exactly what he was saying.

"Wait, this was a dare?" Chase raised an eyebrow, a small smirk creeping up his features.

"Maybe," Aria let out a light, awkward laugh.

"Well, I still accept it. By the way, you haven't asked me yet, but I'm hoping this isn't the date, because I'm not prepared." Chase's smirk grew as he finally adjusted to the situation, his awkwardness washing away.

Finn listened to every word of the conversation, his happiness washing away with Chase's awkwardness.

•••

"I'm stuffed." Chase muttered from across the room, patting his stomach and groaning to further prove his statement.

"Me too," Jaeden murmured, attempting to stand up and walk to the couch, but miserably failing and face-planting on the carpet.

"Why'd you guys eat so much?" Aria asked, not at all phased by the amount of food she ate — which was a lot, but not overdoing it.

Wyatt just groaned, apparently not able to put together sentences at the moment.

Finn hadn't spoken a word since Chase joined the group, which was around four hours ago. Finn had finally started to like someone, and here another guy comes and swoops her away from him.

He didn't know exactly what he wanted to do, but he knew he would make her wish she never chose someone else over him. Finn's going to hurt her.

thank you sm for 1k reads on this book! i hope you're enjoying so far!