( v. ) big feet, big di-

Over the course of a month, Aria never imagined she would become such close friends with the boy next door and the absolutely obnoxious boy with a flute. She also never imagined that she would come to enjoy the company — very much so — of a certain tall, lanky boy with dark curls.

They were slowly, but surely, making their way up the totem pole of her life, meaning more to her every single day.

Every day that she walked through the halls of school, alone, she just reminded herself that there were people that she could talk to once she got home. She was always too terrified to hang out with the boys when they were at school, but never scared when they were alone.

Natalie had become very close with Wyatt also, and they had recently confessed their attraction toward each other — although it was obvious anyways.

Aria enjoyed recapping everything that had happened since she'd moved to Maine. All the small moments that she shared with each of the boys, even Jack. No matter how annoying he could be, he was also the sweetest kid you'd ever meet. Also, you'd be surprised — but not really — how much of a dick he can truly be.

"I hate you Wyatt, you're a fucking Jew!" The smaller boy shouted, a devious smile taking over his features.

"Jack what the..?" Wyatt started, his face contorting into nothing but utter confusion and disgust.

Finn had started to laugh at the obvious joke, but then realized that what Jack said wasn't funny in the slightest bit, and stopped himself.

"What size shoe are you?" Aria asked, forcing herself out of her daze as she noticed the abnormally large-sized feet that Wyatt had.

"Uh, eleven. Why?" The curly-headed boy asked, confusion lacing his tone.

"Damn, you have huge feet." She muttered, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Well, you know what they say. Big feet, big di-" Jack started, before being abruptly cut off by a screaming Finn.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Jaeden shouted at the dark haired boy, who was continuing to scream at the top of his lungs.

Finn pointed at something in the corner of the room, lowering his screams in the slightest.

"It's a.. spider?" Wyatt deciphered, "It's a goddamn spider."

"Finn, y-you're afraid of-of spiders?" Aria burst out laughing, just barely able to get out the short question.

Finn just nodded slowly, swallowing the lump in his throat. "They're terrifying, okay? They can crawl into every hole in your body when you don't even notice. Some are small, some are big, they're scary."

Aria just laughed and nodded amusedly, "Oh, is that right? Mhm, and that's why you screamed at the top of your lungs about a tiny spider in the corner of the room?"

"Yes," Finn nodded. "The smaller ones are the scariest."

"Oh, of course." Aria then replies, a slight eye roll accompanying her words.

"Hey, Aria?" Jack asked, a devious tone hidden underneath a sweet, innocent voice.

"What, Grazer?" The girl replied, turning her full attention to the small boy on the couch.

"What bra size are yo-"

"Jack! Don't ask that! What the hell is wrong with you?" Wyatt then screamed, covering Jack's mouth with his hand. "Sorry- Jack stop licking me!"

•••

"How did we get stuck doing this?" Finn didn't really mind it, honestly, but he couldn't admit that — it'd be too embarrassing.

Aria just shrugged in reply, too concentrated on what kind of Doritos to buy. "Spicy Sweet Chili or Nacho Cheese?"

Finn furrowed his eyebrows, emitting into a deep train of thought as to which flavor his friends would like best. "Uh, nacho cheese?"

Aria burst into laughter, and Finn became very confused as the girl fell to the ground, pretending to seize.

"Aria?" She immediately snapped up, ignoring the fact she had fallen into a fit of hysterics just a moment before. "What's wrong with you?"

"I don't know, but it's nacho business," the girl joked, attempting to make a pun out of the flavor of chips.

Finn shook his head, mentally facepalming as the girl in front of him continued to fill up the basket with unneeded junk food.

"Why are these people so obsessed with.. junk?"

Aria stopped her movements completely, slowly turning to face the ruthless boy next to her. "Excuse me?"

"Why are these people so obsessed with junk?" Finn replied, more confident this time.

"I will not hesitate to beat you to a pulp," Aria threatened, raising her eyebrows as if to say 'try me'.

"Alright, got it, Harley Quinn."

"How is Harley Quinn anything like me?" Aria's face filled with confusion as she looked dumbfounded at the taller boy.

He just shrugged in response, truly having no idea as to why he said that—it just came out of his mouth.

Aria's phone made a very loud noise from inside her pocket, leading to the girl being even more confused as to why she was getting notifications. She slowly set down the grocery basket and pulled her phone out, narrowing her eyes at the screen.

"Oh my god, Noah just posted a picture!" She announced, her face lighting up in happiness.

"Is he your boyfriend or something?" Finn asked, slightly dreading to hear the answer.

"God no, but he is adorable. I'm not interested in him in that way though. He's just an old friend — who never posts on social media. I haven't seen him in a month or so now, and it's kinda sad. But that's beside the point!" Aria babbled, using her hands to annunciate certain words and rolling her eyes to the side — in a completely nice way — afew times.

"Ah, I see," Finn mumbled, balancing from left to right on his feet. "What does he look like?"

"Well, um, he has brown hair and hazel eyes, he has this little mole above his lip, and a few more scattered around his face and his neck too. He used to be pretty short but he grew a bit recently — oh wait, I'll just show you a picture." The girl continued to babble, immediately feeling embarrassed at her incessant need to keep speaking.

Finn nodded in response at her description and the picture, before asking, "if you ever had to describe me to someone — without a picture — what would you say?"

"Oh, well," Finn raised his eyebrows, intrigued by what the girl had to say. "I'd say you-"

"Say it as if you're explaining me to somebody else — like you just did with that kid."

"Okay.." Aria restarted, "his face is completely painted with freckles, which make his brown eyes stand out. He has dark brown hair, which is super curly and really fluffy — it's also hella soft, I've checked. He has dark pink lips, that are really plump and stand out against his pale skin. He's super skinny, it's kinda alarming, and quite tall."

"Nice description," the boy then joked, not exactly knowing how to reply to a mere description of himself. "Let's get back to shopping—shall we?"

Aria ducked her head in embarrassment, wishing he had never asked her to say anything, for when she started talking she couldn't stop.