(Rewritten) Smoking

Start from the beginning

"There's no way... We would've smelled it on him, right?" Super's voice is soft as it leaves his closing throat.

"I mean he has been disappearing randomly but I just thought he needed space," The boys' eyes widen as they look at Mini.

"He's been what?" Joohyun asks in disbelief.

"Sometimes he just walks out of the house for like an hour. But, he's been through a lot so... I just thought," Mini begins to tear up as he realized what is happening.

Meanwhile, [N] is being interrogated by the nurse.

"How long have you been smoking?" Her eyes show no emotion as she asks the tired boy. His eyes widen and he stutters before answering coherently.

"I don't! I-I'm a singer! I could never," [N] fiddles with his fingers as he avoids eye contact.

"I've seen the inside of your throat, you can't lie your way out of this," The nurse tsks.

"You can't tell them," [N] gives up the lie as his face contorts into desperation. He stares into her eyes as she sighs. "They'd be so disappointed. They'd hate me."

"I don't make the rules. I have to tell them," She speaks sympathetically as she looks at [N]. He throws his hands into his head and she sighs.

"One week," The nurse speaks as she stands. [N]'s mouth upturns in a bright smile as he looks up at her. "Or I'll tell them myself."

With her final words, she marches out of the room and the boys come rushing in.

"Are you okay?" Super asks gently as he bends down. [N]'s smile falters but he looks at him again.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

_______________

"Come on! Let's go further in!" Jungkook shouts excitedly as he pulls the group into the abandoned warehouse.

[N] stands away from the group, surrounded by the dark of the building. Without anyone noticing he moves away from them and down the dark hall. With his eyes adjusted to the dark, he moves easily out of the building.

His hand tightens around the box of cigarettes in his coat pocket as he walks a bit away from the noisy group.

Finding a dark and secluded spot, he pulls out a cigarette and his lighter. He brings the 'death stick' to his lips before lighting it.

The fire and ashes light up a bit of the night around him. He breathes in, the smoke flowing down his lungs. He removes the cigarette from his lips and huffs out a puff of smoke. 

"Hey!" A faint voice disrupts his silence as running is heard. Ignoring the noise, he puts the cigarette back in between his chapping lips. The burning smoke on the inside of his mouth makes up for the cold of the weather around him. 

"[N]!" The voice grows familiar as it gets closer to him. Instinctively, [N] takes the cigarette out, letting out one last huff before placing it on the ground and stepping on it. 

His eye twitches at the thought of wasting the cigarette which he had grown addicted to through the past few days. 

"Did you not hear me?" Jungkook asks as he slows his running. His smile stops as he begins to cough. "Oh my god, it smells deathly of smoke over here. With your cough, you should not be here."

Jungkook grabs [N]'s arm and pulls him away. As he pulls him away, the cigarette box in [N]'s pocket falls to the floor. Confused, Jungkook looks back as [N] freezes. 

"I-I must've stepped on it. I didn't notice it over here," [N] chuckles as he kicks the box. Jungkook's grip tightens and he walks closer to [N], his eyes still on the ground. 

Scared, [N] backs away until his back collides with a tree. Jungkook bends down and grabs the box of cigarettes, his face still unseen to [N]. 

"How?" One word escapes Jungkook's lips as he finally turns to look at [N]. Jungkook's lip is twitching as he crushes the box in his hand. 

"Hey! Those cost a lot..." [N] begins but stops as he realizes just how pissed Jungkook is. 

"They cost a lot? That's what you're worried about?! Do you know how bad these are for you?!" Jungkook screams, surely to attract the attention of someone within the building. But despite the loudness, no one stirs from the building. 

Between all of Jungkook's yelling, [N] began to roll his eyes, "Whatever." 

With his single word, he moves to walk away only to be pinned to the tree by Jungkook's powerful arms. 

"This is your body, ignoring what I say won't only hurt me but you, too," Jungkook inches even closer. 

[N] twitches a bit as his need for the cigarette grows. Sneakily, he reaches out and tries to grab the box in Jungkook's hand. Jungkook notices and backs away, scoffing. 

"You're crazy," Jungkook mutters as he throws the box into the forest. Wide-mouthed, [N] stays at the tree as Jungkook moves back to him. 

"Can you at least tell me why?" Jungkook asks exasperatedly. 

"It helps."