Video Games

John poked his head into the flat, he was obviously holding something but Sherlock couldn't quite make out what it was.

"Ah, hello Sher!" John grinned wildly, stepping in with his hands behind his back.

Sherlock raised an eyebrow, "Hey, what have you got behind your back?"

John beamed, not able to hold back in all his excitement. His arms shot forward to show a large white box in his hands, hanging from a handle.

"A video game console?" Sherlock asked, bending down to get a look at it without touching it.

John nodded vigorously. "Yes! It was Molly's and she didn't want it anymore, she thought it was too addicting. Well, the game more than the console but either way she didn't want them."

"Video games.... Boring, tedious, and just highly illogical! How is it that people even like playing them?" Sherlock grumbled.

"Well, Sher-"

"I know why, really. These things are addicting and... melt your mind, as father put it. I was never allowed near a video game..." Sherlock interrupted, trailing off. Then a small smirk grew on his face as he snatched the box.

"Let's set it up, shall we?" He grinned at John, who stood there in shock as Sherlock rushed over to the telly and began opening and setting up the console.

John eventually shook himself out of his trance and moved to help Sherlock. He bent down beside the consulting detective.

"You actually want to play?" John smiled as Sherlock stuck wires in their certain spots.

Sherlock nodded and grunted, working at lightening speed to plug the console in.

"Need any help?" John asked.

Sherlock snapped out of it and turned his head to John quickly. "Oh! Sorry, sure." He smiled, holding out the console. Already over half of it was ready to go. Just two more wires needed to be plugged into the telly. John hooked them in and they moved over to the sofa and turned everything on.

Mario Kart for their new Wii.

Let the addiction begin.

~3 hours later~

"John, drive towards me! No! Towards me!"

"Sherlock, I'll fall off if I get any closer to you!"

....

"Dammit Sherlock, I fell again!"

~7 hours later~

"John! John, slow down. You're going to fall off the bridge!"

"Shut up, Sherlock! No I am not!"

"There you go, falling again!"

"SHERLOCK!"

~10 hours later~

"Come on then, Sherlock! Look who's in the lead for once!"

"Obviously you are..."

"Yeah! That's right, I John Watson am beating Sherlock Holmes in Mario Kart!"

~1 minute later~

"DAMMIT SHERLOCK, STOP GOING AHEAD OF ME!"

~17 hours later~

"Sherlock, rush through the Rainbow bridge. Faster!"

"Yeah, I am...."

"Sher-" John glanced over and immediately paused the game as a weight fell on his shoulder. He smiled at the head of curls that rested against him. John saved their level and turned off the console, moving a blanket over Sherlock and curling up behind him on the sofa.

"Goodnight, Sher." he whispered into Sherlock's ear before he too was snoring along with his consulting detective.

ANOTHER TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE NIGHT

WOOOO

Okay, comment-vote-fan this lovely stuff. Tell me your thoughts! GIMME INSPIRATION! I Have finals coming up in a few weeks, so I'm going to need all the inspiration I can get!