Off To Dance

"I'm going out, John! I'll see you later." Sherlock called, poking his head through the crack in the door before running out.

"See you, Sherlock." John called back unenthusiastically. Every saturday for about three months now Sherlock had gone out at the same exact time, always refusing to tell John where he was off to! Until tonight... John had plans on going after him. As soon as Sherlock turned the corner John ran as fast as possible to pull on his jacket and make his way out of the flat and around that corner in time to catch Sherlock hopping into a cab.

John quickly caught another, ordering the cabbie to follow Sherlock's cab. He hid his face under a hat just to make sure Sherlock couldn't see him. When the cab at last stopped, John saw the end of Sherlock's coat go through the doors of...

A dance studio.

John blinked. Never had he imagined Sherlock dancing! Yes, there have been fantasies... But nothing like the real thing! Either way, he smiled brightly and snuck into the studio. It was empty and the room was dark and silent.

A shatter of noise pulled John from his haze as Sherlock turned on a disk. The ex-military doctor stayed in the shadows, watching carefully as Sherlock took graceful steps. The man wore his incredibly sexy purple shirt, black trousers, and black dress shoes. As if with a partner, Sherlock weaved his way around the room. Like water, he was graceful and light on his toes. John was entranced.

But in this hypnotic state, the man hadn't noticed when he stepped from the darkness and towards the consulting detective. Sherlock froze in slight shock.

John blinked and shook his head, keeping the smile on his face. "I had no idea that you could dance, Sher!"

Sherlock smirked and looked down. John could have sworn he saw him blushing! "Yes, yes. My mother taught me when I was young." Sherlock murmured.

"Can you teach me?" John asked before he could stop himself. He nearly threw his hands up to his mouth in his shock! But Sherlock looked back to John's eyes.

"I would love to." Sherlock grinned and took John's hand in his and wrapped his long arm around the man's waist. John gulped. The men had flirted before, but nothing more than their close friendship had come to them! Except in John's dreams, perhaps.

Am I dreaming? John thought.

"No. This is very real." Sherlock chuckled. Oops. And with that, Sherlock guided John around the room. Their legs entangled at times, but they would quickly fix themselves! John was doing splendid! Little did they know that nearly an hour had gone by by the time they stopped.

"Care to do this again?" Sherlock asked, picking him his coat. A few strides later and the tall man bent down and kissed John's cheek.

The man eventually managed to squeak out "I'd love to!"

IT'S SHORT, I KNOW. BUT LOOK!!!! I WROTE!!!!!!! (also not my photo XD)

~Una