Feline Fancy (Catlock)

All his life Sherlock Holmes has hidden a secret from the world, save his family. His secret can be a nuisance as well as a great help in his life. It helps him with cases and it makes life a bit more relaxing for him during stressful times. In order to hide his secret he must keep his hair very curly longer near the top of his head, as well as wear long sleeved clothes at all times, save when he's sleeping, and he must wear his long coat when going out. He was used to doing this, now it was just routine for him. Little did he know when he started this routine that he would need a flatmate to help with the rent as well as someone to keep him company. Sherlock could get lonely awfully quick and some men have told him to look for a girl... but they weren't exactly his area. When John Watson moved in, he's had to hide his secret more than ever.

You see, Sherlock Holmes is part cat. His tail and ears are only noticeable at some random moments, Sherlock had even turned into a full on cat a few times when he was younger! He learned how to control these urges of the feline wanting to come out as he grew older and now it was rare he would see his cat ears and tail form, and even more rare for him to turn into a cat. Lately, though, Sherlock's been having a harder time with hiding it. The cat side of him wanted badly to be with John, in more ways than one, so Sherlock would have to run off at odd moments to stop the urge.

"Sherlock! You want any tea?" Called John from the kitchen and Sherlock's head popped up from his usual thinking position.

"Yes please!" Sherlock called back and went back to think. He needed to figure out why it was that he kept feeling feline nowadays more and more when he was near John. It was confusing as all hell but he did need to figure it out. A moment or so later John came over with a nice warm cuppa and Sherlock sat up quickly and before John could move away he grabbed his wrist.

"What is it, Sherlock?" John asked almost nervously. Sherlock smirked and felt for John's pulse. It was rising slightly higher just as Sherlock's was now. Sherlock told himself in the back of his head how it wasn't his own heartbeat rising but it was the cat's. Sherlock then gave John a slight tug and the man fell on top of him.

"I'm bored, John." Sherlock said with a sigh, and it was true. Sherlock was through with trying to figure out why the cat wanted to be with John so he ignored it for now, but he really shouldn't have ignored it.

"Sh-Sherlock, can you let me up now?" John asked with a stutter. Sherlock pulled him slightly closer, if that was even possible.

"John, do animals tend to like you?" Sherlock asked him.

"Erm, I suppose. Cats especially, why?" John replied. Sherlock smirked slightly.

"Just wondering." Sherlock finished and then moved John off of him and he stalked off into his room. Sherlock thought he knew now why the cat wanted to see John, because cats tended to like John, so that would be the reason for it. Sherlock nodded in finalization and then he felt something odd near his bum. Sherlock spun around and saw a long black tail slid out of a small hole he made in his trousers so his tail wouldn't get too cramped. The man groaned as he felt his human ears disappear and his cat ones formed on top of his head. He then stuffed his tail back into his trousers and brushed his hair over his cat ears and where his human ones weren't then walked back out to see a still stunned John sitting on the sofa.

"Are you going to be there all day?" Sherlock drawled as he moved to sit next to his friend. John shook his head and jumped up to go sit in his armchair with his paper. Sherlock sighed and turned on the telly, wrapping a blanket around him. While Sherlock sat and deduced the people on the screen, yelling at them from time to time, John sat and watched him from a distance.

John didn't know what he was going to do, for the past few weeks he's noticed Sherlock has been becoming more and more appealing to him. John was most worried that Sherlock would find out about the man's feelings for him, and after that stunt on the couch, John was almost sure that Sherlock knew.