The Hedgehog and The Otter (Otterlock)

"John! John, I need them! Where have you put them?" Sherlock demanded, scurrying about his little den, searching under all of the furniture for something.

John scurried in, his favourite striped jumper on. "What are you talking about, Sherlock?"

Sherlock spun around, easily twice the height as John now standing straight up. "The leeches! Where have you put them?!"

"I thought you said you were going cold turkey." John replied, going over into the kitchen area and pulling out a bit of jam from a jar that washed up at the den the other day.

Sherlock groaned and fell onto his back. "But I need them, John! I can't figure out this case and I am desperate."

"I have no idea where they are." John lied sneakily, nibbling a bit of jam and berries.

Sherlock rolled over to face John, widening his eyes to make himself look adorable. John averted his eyes, if he did look he knew he would give in.

"Please, John?"

"No."

Then all of a sudden there was a small knock at the door. Sherlock slid over on his belly and opened it. There sat a small mouse with a little dress on. Mrs Hudson.

"Hello, Mrs Hudson!" Sherlock said, far too happily.

"Hello Sherlock, John." She squeaked. "Have you gotten the case finished yet?"

Sherlock's face suddenly got really dark. "I need my leeches, Mrs Hudson. Where have you put them?"

The little mouse took a step back. "Sherlock, you know that I don't move your things! Either way those leeches could easily kill you."

"No they won't! I NEED THEM!" He yelled, standing straight up again.

"Sherlock! Go sit down." John ordered, scurrying over to Mrs Hudson and giving her an odd hug to comfort her trembling body. Sherlock then spun around and rushed into his bedroom to pout. John rolled his eyes and fixed his jumper when he pulled away from Mrs Hudson.

"Thank you for dropping in, Mrs Hudson. I'll go calm Sherlock down." John smiled and closed the door as she smiled back at him and rushed off. John turned around and walked over to Sherlocks room, knocking quietly.

"Go away, John." Sherlock growled.

"Let me in."

"No."

"In the turtle shell."

"...What?"

"They're in the turtle shell." John murmured, walking back into the living room and sitting down in a small pile of soft things that looked out at the one little window in the room.

Sherlock stuck his head out of his room then, sniffing the air slightly, and moved into the room, peeking into the turtle shell and pulled out the jar of leeches.

John sighed and pulled his jumper tighter on his body as he heard Sherlock place the jar down and a second later the otter slid over and curled his body around John.

"I don't need them, John. I only need my hedgehog."

Short but sweet! I really like this one :D Keep on asking for chapters! Thanks for reading :D

~Una