Louis again {15}

I knocked on the door cautiously. it was 6 pm.

Louis opened the door wearing a black sweater with the sleeves rolled up and blue skinny jeans. I was use to seeing him all dressed up. the tattoos on his arms catching my eye immediately.

"Yasmaine. I didn't think you'd take up my offer so quick." Louis smiled and stepped to the side, inviting me in.

"I'm pretty sure you stayed long enough to hear us argue. that's kinda why I'm here."

"Needed breathing space and didn't know where else to go?" he asked closing the door.

"No I had another place, but it was too close." Damn Zayn.

"Oh. well that's fine too. I just made dinner if you want to eat." he escorted me to the dining room.

He had a beautiful home sitting at the end of a busy street, connected to other houses. he had marble floors and white walls decorated with expensive paintings. I noticed one just above a huge fireplace. my heart dropped.

The same demon from Zayn's apartment.

"L-Louis?"

He turned around, "yes?"

"Where'd you get that painting?"

"I bought it at a home auction." he said grabbing plates.

"What home?"

"Some Irish lad down on his luck." Louis shrugged, "why?"

"I've seen this picture before."

"I'd imagine so. it's not that special." he laughed. He kinda hurt my feelings saying that, but whatever.

~~~

"What's all this?"

There was a wall in Louis's living room covered in pictures of people, a map and a bunch of news articles.

"My job." he answered putting down two mugs of tea.

"You make complicated puzzles?"

He laughed, "no I solve crimes."

"This isn't the way to do it. you're not suppose to put things in any order you damn well please."

He raised his eyebrows, "what do you have in mind then?"

"Put them in order of time." I took the pictures from the wall and put them in order according to the dates in the corner of each picture.

"Who died?"

He handed me a picture of a beautiful woman. she had black hair that flowed down her back, light brown eyes and red lipstick.

"Her name is Victoria. she was a prostitute who knew how to run things." he said sticking the picture on the, now, bare wall.

"How'd she die?"

"Beaten to death." he answered with a saddened tone.

I pointed to the picture of a black man with a bald head. he looked intimidating, "it was him."

Louis's eyes widened, "how do you know?"

"He left town the day after she died. no one else on this wall left. he took money from the bank, probably going to rent a condo somewhere else. they knew each other, he was her pimp, at least that's what your notes say. the other suspects were clients, if she did her job well they didn't have a reason to kill her. I'm thinking he found out she wanted out of the game, seeing as though she had another job and a son. He beat her to death without realizing what he was doing. he left her body there for you to find."

Louis looked at me with amazement.

"How did you guess all that?" he asked looking at the wall.

"I didn't. I just payed more attention to the evidence."

"What? how-" I cut him off walking out of the front door.

"Goodbye Mr. Tomlinson."

I stepped outside and waited for Louis. he peered from the door.

"Tell me how you knew." he said rather rudely.

"Nope. Taxi!"