Dead weight {1}

Harry and I came upon a Twerking Amy on the dance floor.

"Amy we have to get home."

She turned around with a frown, "do we have to?" she slurred.

"Yes we do. this is Harry, he's gonna help me get you to the house safe and sound okay?"

"That's f-fine. just as long as he doesn't pull and funny business." she hiccuped.

I looked at him and he shrugged his shoulders.

"He's safe. let's go."

I swung her arm over my shoulders and held her waist. Harry did the same on her other side. we walked down the dark streets avoiding as many threats as possible. which was nothing.

"Where do you guys live?" Harry asked.

"Another block. wanna come in?"

"That'd be great." he smiled.

We walked until I stopped the red door of Amy and I's flat we shared.

"Hold her for me."

Harry picked up Amy bridal style while I got the key from my bra, I opened the door and Harry carried her in, by now she passed out in his arms.

"Down the hall to the left."

Harry disappeared down the hallway and I sighed.

Our flat had 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. the walls were painted warm red with dark wood floors. there were paintings hung up everywhere that my friend, Aly, made. they're worth a lot but she gave them to us as a gift because why not?

When you walk in, there's the living room and kitchen. black fabric couch that seats 4 and a love seat. a black glass coffee table and a small flat screen t.v. with and Xbox hooked up. the kitchen had white cabinets and black granite counter tops. a breakfast bar with 3 red stools, no table.

There was a small hallway. the first door is the bathroom, the second is Amy's room, painted blue with black furniture. across from her door was my room. red walls and white furniture.

Harry emerged from the hallway. I smiled kindly, "she's still asleep?"

He nodded and stood there awkwardly.

"Listen, um, can I stay the night? I know we just met but I don't really have a place to stay for the night." he quietly said.

"Sure."

"R-Really?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah."

"But we just met." he didn't seem too happy of my answer.

"Don't care. I'm going to get you blankets and a pillow."

I went to my room and looked for extra blankets. I felt a sudden drop in temperature. chills ran up my spine.

I shook it off and stood on my toes to reach the blankets on the shelf in my closet. it was almost 2 am.

The lights flickered and I turned around slowly. my body was frozen at the sight in front of me.

A shadow. just black. a silhouette of a man much larger than me. made of darkness.

An air like finger pressed to my mouth, a deep whisper coming from the entity.

Let him stay and you shall die with no dignity.

The lights shut off. I closed my eyes waiting for my certain death, but nothing happened.

The lights came back on and I opened my eyes to see nothing.

I went to the living room and threw Harry his blanket and a pillow. He gave me a confused look, but I just walked away.

I muttered a "Goodnight."

I rushed to my bedroom, shut the door and locked it.

I striped out of my clothes and took a shower. I put on grey sweat pants and a baggy blue t-shirt. just as I was about to get into bed. I felt my body shut down.

I dropped to my knees and let out a cry.

Harry came running in and stopped when he saw me on the ground.

"No. no no no." he mumbled.

A sharp pain through my body was enough. I felt blood leaving my body, I looked down to see my wrists slashed.

I warned you what would happen.

The voice returned, but no shadow. Harry kneeled next to me and held my wrists in his huge hands.

"He can't hurt you Yasmaine, it's all in your head. remember when you were little and you were so afraid of the dark that you never left your room at night?" Harry said, trying to overpower the voice.

I looked up at him with wide eyes and tears.

"H-How-"

The lights shut off and I felt Harry's hands loosen. soon I felt nothing at all. just the darkness around me.

The lights flickered and I saw a thing. just a thing. Harry was gone.

Piercing red eyes, sharp fangs, rotting red flesh and horns curled around its head. it was the devil.

But it can't be, can it?

The lights flashed on and it still stood there. just looking.

I looked into its eyes and saw pain.

I kept eye contact, knowing it could kill me, I had to remain strong.

You are a strong woman. I admire that. but that's all I admire. My son is nothing but trouble, but if that's what you want it will be what you get. here's your new life, try to escape and I will kill you. slowly and painfully. enjoy.

The lights burned out with sparks flying. I suddenly felt like I was falling. physically falling.

I hit my head on solid ground and snapped up to see I was in a cabin.

Why?