Zayn {11}

I walked back outside the apartment and closed the door. I slid down to the floor and let the tears flow.

Why am I crying? I shouldn't care about who he fucks. I don't have feeling for him. Do I? No.

I heard another door open, but I ignored it hoping no one would notice me.

I felt someone sit next to me and I looked up to see Zayn sitting next to me holding a mug.

He wore black sweatpants and no shirt.

"I made coffee." he said holding up the mug.

He took my hand and rubbed it with his thumb.

"My mother told me that sometimes you have to deal with things the way they are." he said putting down the mug.

I stayed silent, just looking at our hands molded together. it felt right and wrong.

"Are you dating?" he asked.

I shook my head 'no.'

He laughed, "then why in the hell do you care?"

"I don't know."

"Look who decided to talk." He smiled. I smiled and he laughed.

"I don't know why I care. I shouldn't. I don't want to. I just want to sleep."

"You want to sleep at my place? I've got food and an extra bed." he offered.

"Zayn what are you trying to pull?"

"Nothing I swear. I know how important sleep is." he smirked.

"Where am I going to sleep then?"

"You can sleep in my bed, I have a pullout couch." he said standing to his feet.

He pulled me up and handed me the mug. I took it and sipped quietly as I walked into his apartment.

It was fairly clean. dark wood floors and black walls decorated with graffiti. all different colors and patterns.

"Zayn?"

"Yeah?" he turned around to face me.

I pointed to a painting on the wall. it was a picture of the demon I had met in the park. it was me.

"When did you paint this?"

"Last night. it kind of came to me in a dream and I got inspired." he shrugged.

"Umm. do y-you ever see things? like ghosts or demons. that type of stuff?"

He raised his eyebrows, "don't we all?"

"Well. I've been seeing them too and it's been scaring me."

"Don't be. I know it's hard not to be afraid." he said calmly.

He pulled out the bed from his couch and sat down. I sat next to him, sitting the mug on the floor.

"Thought you were tired." he said lying down on his back.

"Not anymore. I just want to talk."

"About what?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Do you believe in God?"

"I do." he answered.

"Then you believe in the devil?"

"There's no other choice." he said.

"Do you believe that you were put on this planet for a reason?"

"Always." he answered.

There was a rumbling. the furniture shook and the lights flashed off.

I knew it was him paying a visit.

The lights came back on to reveal the 'shadow man' standing in front of the bed. Zayn sat up with wide eyes.

"What do you want now?"

You got my message earlier.

"I did."

Are you going to speak with me?

"Do I have a choice?"

No.

"Do I decide when?"

Yes.

"Can I bring someone with me?"

No.

"Then answer my one question."

Ask.

"What did that message mean?"

I want you.

"Why?"

I get lonely living in a world surrounded by fire. A woman is one thing, but a smart woman like you is another world of opportunity.

"Are you trying to lure me to hell?"

Are you trying to deny?

"Why would I come with you?"

Think about it. Eternity with me. I have the same power as he does. I can give you what you want, without the purity.

"You know my life."

I do. I also know how you hated it. Always being clean. No sex. No drugs. No alcohol. What's the fun in that?

"Staying alive comes to mind."

Why do you need to live? Dying gives you immortality, power, all the things you don't have here.

"I'll let you know when I want to talk."

The shadow fell to dust and I ran my hands through my hair.

"What are you going to do?" I heard Zayn say.

"I'm going to chat with the devil."