Chapter 12: Kaede

Written By: DGrayManLover

Chapter 12,

-- Kaede's POV--

 (Two days after MI6 Broke into her apartment)

I was caught. I don't know how it happened exactly. Daichi couldn't call out for his scythe and somehow BK201's power failed. Manaka and Shouta must've done something because they were the only ones able to still use their powers. But the thing is they didn't. They only used them on November 11 and kept Misaki standing.

As if I would call them my children after this event. Currently I was sitting in a iron cell waiting to be questioned. They separated Daichi from me so I was literally alone and I didn't like it. I haven't been alone for a long time. Daichi's always been there in my head or in person since I was younger. He's the only one who hasn't broken my trust or hurt me.

I hear the clanking of keys against a door and I sit up straight and look around the cell for some sort of weapon. I could take out the person with martial arts but a weapon would do the job quicker.

The person comes into view and it's Shouta. I growl as he stares at me through the bars of the cell.

"What are you doing here? You piss me off." I turn around so I don't have to see a younger version of Daichi's face staring back at me.

Yeah, I had finally figured out who would be the father of my kids in the future. After Daichi appeared to attack Shouta when he first came to my apartment I couldn't deny that they both had similar jaw lines, his nose, and most notably his confident dimeanor. Only when Manaka showed up was it made clear to me. She looked mostly like me but had Daichi's lighter black hair and lips. There was no doubt that he was the man who I couldn't see in my trip into the future that Shouta had sent me on.

"I hate that I had to put you behind these bars." He spoke, his voice was also similar to Daichi's. "Just know that I had to."

I just reached my limit. I swing around to face him and lunge toward him grabbing his throat through the bars.

"Had to my ass." I growl tightening my hand on his throat.

He swallows but smiles. "I see you've realized that you have emotions. Anger?" He adds a smirk at the end.

I shove him back and return to my sitting position on the floor.

"What are you doing here anyways?" I ask, I can't believe they let a contractor in to see another contractor. There must be some pretty dumb people working here.

"I'm here to tell you that you'll be seeing your father today." He frowns. "You're real father."

My eyes go wide. Was Misaki doing this to taunt me? She was the one who put my father in this hell hole for being innocent. He would never murder anyone. He would never be a serial killer. And he certainly would never kill my mother, sister, and many other families in my neighborhood. He was home all the time,  he didn't have time to do those things.

"Really?" I ask. My heart begins to pound in my chest. I haven't seen him since I was five.

"Yeah. Be careful when you're in there. He will taunt you." Shouta frowns.

"Yeah, right. He never did those crimes. Misaki just pinned the murders on him because she was a newbie and looking for a good case to further her in her career." I growl. "Just take me to him."

Shouta nods toward someone down the hall and Misaki comes into view.

I roll my eyes at her, "Of course she is here."