Chapter 4: Misaki/Daichi

Written By: DGrayManLover

Chapter 4,

--Misaki's POV--

"Chief are you okay?" Saito asks as he runs into KS306's former apartment. I lie on the floor shocked, KS306 also known as Kaede Kirihara is my cousin. I'm related to a Contractor, not just any Contractor, a badass female Contractor that just happens to be the prime suspect in this case.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sigh standing up and dusting of my pants. "I've found some shocking news."

"What?" What happened?" Saito checks out the area, all the other Officers looked dead or unconscious.

"KS306 is my cousin. Her name is Kaede Kirihara." Saito's eyes go wide. "But I want you to keep it a secret from Boss and the others. This is my case and I don't want to  be taken off of it because I'm related to the suspect."

"So that' how she knew your name." Saito sighs.

"Yes." I say as I turn toward my fellow unconscious Officers. "Let's see if they're okay."

--Daichi's POV--

(10 years ago...Before Daichi and Kaede met)

"Daichi!" I hear a flirty voice say, soon a girls arms are wrapped around my waist.

 I knew who it was immediately, "Yes Ai." I turn toward the brunette and smiles up at me.

"Are you done watching those stupid humans?" She whines. "Let's go somewhere private and have some fun." She winks. Ai and I aren't humans, we are Reapers, we watch humans mostly, until we find one we are interested in and decide to kill them. So far I have not taken a single interest in any human. Humans have it easy, and can live life potentially to the fullest. I being a Reaper cannot, I guess in a way you could say that I'm jealous.

"I better not. Last time wasn't much fun for me." I sigh, I have had 'fun' with this girl many times and she's gotten too boring for me. I want someone who's thrilling. A loud bang came from the human world, what's going on?

"Daichi why does the human world intrigue you so much?" Ai whines.

"I want to live there, that's why." I sigh turning back to watch the human world. It seemed as if an explosion and went off and had destroyed a major part of the Earth. Humans killing humans, I don't understand? Why kill each other, A Reaper's job is to kill humans. I don't know why but I really want to go to the human world. And the next thing I knew I was there, standing in a house where a teenage girl with long black hair stood crying.

"Who are you?" She growled. Her blue eyes seemed to be fading. What's up with this girl? How can she see me? I turn to see if someone's behind me but no ones back there. "I'm talking to you in the hoodie." I look at her again and roll my eyes as she wipes her tears away.

"I'm Daichi a Reaper." I sigh, I won't be here for long so I'll make this kill short. I put my pointer finger to my forehead and called out for Kae my Scythe. Don't ask about it's name, it was already named when it was handed down to me by my Father.

"Wow," She says with a hint of sarcasm. "What the hell are you really?" This girl is certainly cocky, and has a mouth. She's kind of pissing me off.

"What are you like 10 little girl, where's your mom she needs to wash your mouth out with soap." I growl as I feel my Scythe traveling through Dimensions, it's almost here.

"For your information I'm 9. And my Mother's dead so I can do what ever the hell I want." She growls as her little legs move toward me. "And my name isn't little girl it's Kaede Kirihara, thank you very much." She comes to a halt right in front of me and she comes to about my waist. As a Reaper I don't age very often, right now I've been 17 for almost 5 years now. I age every 5 years.