Chapter 9: Daichi

Written By: DGrayManLover

Chapter 9,

--Daichi's POV--

Daichi.

I heard Kaede call out to me. This was the tenth time today. The first time she called out I ignored her because I was mad, but now I've found that my connection with her has stopped. I soon lost my anger toward her and it turned into fear.

First this kid shows up and says that he's her son, and that's she's already met his father. Not to mention this Shouta kid is acting all badass because he's supposedly from the future.

Kaede belongs to me, and now I've lost all connection with her. Whenever she calls for me I hear it but I can't say anything back.

"Daichi." I turn and see Ai walking toward me.

"Ai." I greet her. She used to be a girl I messed around with, but that was before I became partners with Kaede.

"Watching the world of the living again?" She looks toward the view, which just so happened to be of Kaede. "As usual." She sighs.

"Yeah." I ignore her as I stare into Kaede's dullish-blue eyes.

"Why aren't you visiting her?" Ai asks.

I stay quiet. I just continue to stare into Kaede's eyes.

Ai laughs, "I've cut all connections with her world, you know."

I turn and glare at her, "Why?

"You never pay attention to me anymore." She whines, "All you think about is that bitch."

I frown, she just called Kaede a bitch, not that she couldn't be one once-in-awhile, but still she doesn't need to be called that by Ai.

"You." I growl. "Reconnect us to Earth."

"No, You're all mine now." She grins wide.

"Ai, I was never yours." I turn to leave. I needed to somehow find a way to get back to Earth. Even though there was no possible way I could unless Ai un-does the connection cut.

"You can't get back there."

"Really?" I say sarcastically. "You're the real bitch."

She gasps at me. Then I notice a girl appear beside her. She had blue eyes that were gleaming and black hair, she had a striking resemblance to Kaede.

My eyes went wide and Ai turned to look at her, "Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Manaka." She smiles. Manaka, that was the name of Kaede's daughter. So this is her? I took her in some more, she was defintely Kaede's daughter, but I thought Shouta said that Manaka looked more like her father?

"And what exactly are you doing here?"

"I need Daichi here to get his ass back to Earth, he needs to protect my mom." Manaka was how old, and she already had that type of language seeping from her mouth.

"Mom?" Ai asks, "Why would Daichi care about your mom?"

"He's her Contractor ability, duh, freaking idiot." Manaka turns to me as Ai gasps at her for calling her an idiot.

"So..." I stop, how am I supposed to get out of here?

"Shut-up." She rolls her eyes. "It's almost around the time that mom runs into the deadly disease that's supposed to kill her, Shouta, and myself."

"No way." I run a hand through my black hair and bite my lip. "God, Ai you have to release me."

"Never." She growls. "You're mine now."

"Never mind that slut." Manaka says stepping in-front of her. She had her back to me and faced Ai. "Daichi when I say so grab ahold of my hand, and quickly. Oh and close your eyes and think of Kaede."

"Wait what are you doing?" Ai asks, her face quickly goes from confused to pained.

"Now." Manaka says. I quickly grab ahold of her hand and close my eyes, at the same moment I think of Kaede. The next thing I know I'm standing in the middle of what looks to be a fight.

Kaede, The Black Reaper, Shouta, and some white-haired girl stood on one side and a tall blonde guy, a black woman with blue hair, a little boy that was defintely a doll, and Misaki stood opposite them. And in the middle of them all stood Manaka and I.

I looked toward Kaede and she looked relieved. "Daichi, you made it back."

I nod, "This is..."

"Manaka?" Shouta growls. "Why are you here?"

"Manaka?" Kaede repeats. She looks her over and gives me a glance.

"Okay can we have this family reunion some other time?" The Black Reaper asks. I noticed he had put his mask back on since our last fight, probably for the sake of the police force standing behind me, because both Kaede and I have seen his real face.

"Sorry Hei." Kaede says sarcastically making me stiffen. Did she just call him by name?

"Hei, why are you calling him by name?" I ask dumbfounded. Manaka greeted her mother quickly before having a slightly heated discusson with Shouta.

"We're on the same team now, Daichi. It's fine." Kaede sighs.

"And who's she?" I ask.

"Some other time." The Black, I'm sorry Hei, said.

"Fine." I joined the group standing beside Kaede.

"Finally done catching up?" The tall blonde guy asked. He had a thick british accent that made me roll my eyes.

"Yeah for now." I say, how did they find her again?

-------

A/N: Another chappy out! Hope you enjoyed! :)

Picture is of Manaka.

-DGrayManLover